Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2015 11:50:01 AM EDT

My son is six and an aviation buff, specifically WWI Era planes. I'm redoing his bedroom and I'm looking for some props. Anyone have a line on any that wouldnt rape my pocket book?

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 1:40:55 PM EDT
[#1]
eBay

Since you're in Ohio, Hartzell is there, an I believe there are a lot of propellor shops in the state. I'd call around and just ask.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 5:59:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Look around for any light aircraft fields.
We used to skydive at one where the owner repaired ultra-lights, SMLA.
He had a wooden prop in the corner that had been "dinged" resulting in a chip
taken out of the tip. We asked him about it and he gave it to us.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:37:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Sportys sells some nice replicas.  They're located on the East side of Cincinnati, if you're close and want to save shipping.

http://www.sportys.com/wrightbros/propellers.html

I bought one they had on sale a bunch of years ago, and as I was walking out the door with it on my shoulder, a guy walking in asked me, "Is that the first part, or the last part?"   I laughed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top