BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2015 1:56:58 PM EDT
The "terrible teens":
Overweight 787s
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:55:51 AM EDT
[#1]
How many 787s are still stuck on the runways of Everett?  Don't get the Boeing gossip anymore.

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 12:31:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How many 787s are still stuck on the runways of Everett?  Don't get the Boeing gossip anymore.
View Quote

The first three were junked or in museums because they were undeliverable.  I believe there was/is another eighteen or nineteen that were deliverable but significantly overweight--these are called the "terrible teens" in the article.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 6:38:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Did they keep the first flight aircraft?  Hopefully it will end up in a museum.  I *think* the first 767 ended up in a museum after years of AOA testing.

Thanks,

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:02:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did they keep the first flight aircraft?  Hopefully it will end up in a museum.  I *think* the first 767 ended up in a museum after years of AOA testing.

Thanks,
View Quote

787 #3 went to the Museum of Flight at Boeing Field in Seattle.  #'s 1 & 2 went into storage somewhere in SoCal if memory serves.  In contrast, the # 1 777 was cleaned up and delivered to an airline customer following flight test. The  #1 747 is also at the Museum of Flight after many years supporting flight test. Don't know where the #1 767 ended up.  #1 767
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top