Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2014 4:15:11 PM EDT
Hey Guys
I'm a locomotive engineer for CSX railroad and am on the company's website and CSX is looking for a Pilot so if anyone of you is interested go here http://www.csx.com/  then go over to the right side of screen click on "working at CSX" and go down to bottom of drop down menu "search job openings and apply"

Scroll down on 1st page and there it is. Company HQ is in Jacksonville, Florida so if any of you apply I wish you the best of luck.... and if you get the job I live just outside of Richmond, Va so stop up and give me a ride :-).

Will
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:35:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm blessed with a great job, but thanks for posting this up for everyone!!!  
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:47:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Preferred applicant will have HS-125 type rating.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:07:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Im sure the position has already been filled by an internal rec.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:31:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Wonder what the pay is...min 3k hours and recommended 5k hours. Those are the guys getting picked up by the airlines right now.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:43:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Dbl tap
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:44:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for giving the heads up..
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:04:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Who has an HS-125 type rating?

Oh right, THIS GUY!!!!!  
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:30:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Oh right, THIS GUY!!!!!  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh right, THIS GUY!!!!!  
You'll never leave the box though, douche!  You like it too much.  

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:43:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't get out soon enough.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:34:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Every once in a great while a pilot position opens up. I have no idea of a corporate pilots lifestyle but I would think its a stepping stone if nothing else.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:59:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote
Seem to recall you turning me down...

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:22:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Every once in a great while a pilot position opens up. I have no idea of a corporate pilots lifestyle but I would think its a stepping stone if nothing else.
View Quote

Depends on the company. Some corporate jobs are the holy grail, alot aren't.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:33:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that's my mistake then.  Luckily I know where to find you.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:30:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

For the benefit of the OP and others who don't know, This is how it works 95% of the time.    For some reason, the hr pukes seem to think they need to post the ads anyway, just to cover their asses.

It's a particularly nasty thing to do.  I wish Ebola on every single bastard thats ever done it.

Let us know what you find out Pickle.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:21:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

For the benefit of the OP and others who don't know, This is how it works 95% of the time.    For some reason, the hr pukes seem to think they need to post the ads anyway, just to cover their asses.

It's a particularly nasty thing to do.  I wish Ebola on every single bastard thats ever done it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey BillofRights

I'm just a little railroad engineer trying to help out ... t seems like life works like that a lot of the time and fair or unfair at the end of the day...what can you do. Railroads use to be family things, if your Dad worked for a railroad and you wanted a job with say the RF&P...just go downtown and talk to a company officer...you start tomorrow. It's not exactly like that today but I know it can and does happen the process is just a little different.

I saw the job posted, I came here and put the info out, two things I know 100% for sure... 1) if you don't apply for the position your not going to get it. 2) If Pickle gets the job he better come to Richmond and give me my ride

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:55:12 PM EDT
[#16]
I did apply, we will see how it goes.

Thanks for putting it on here.  If I am  successful, I will do everything in my power to swing a ride for ya      

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:01:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Thanks for putting it on here.  If I am  successful, I will do everything in my power to swing a ride for ya      

View Quote

Nice!   Good luck Pickle!   It's about time you got back out there.  Keep us posted.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:54:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Awesome..Good luck Pickle  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top