Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2014 10:37:45 AM EDT
I and 3 coworkers need to go to Dallas.. Where we need to go is right next to Love Field, so of course, thinking about flying.

I haven't flown into a Bravo since they were TCA's and never to KDAL.

Suggestions for an FBO there that will not scoff at my skylane and loan us a car? I'll buy gas.

I know it's under the KDFW Bravo. Any suggestions for dealing with them? We'll be going during business hours.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 11:19:07 AM EDT
[#1]
You had better take a look on Airnav.
Fuel prices range up to $8.33/gal. There will likely be ramp and handling fees. Call all the FBO's first and find out what they are willing to do.
It can be a very rude surprise to find out what that stop at Love Field will cost you.
Departures can take a while at the wrong time of the day, especially if your IFR.
You might consider Dallas Executive or Addison or Mckinney.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 11:45:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fuel prices range up to $8.33/gal. There will likely be ramp and handling fees. Call all the FBO's first and find out what they are willing to do.
It can be a very rude surprise to find out what that stop at Love Field will cost you.
Departures can take a while at the wrong time of the day, especially if your IFR.
View Quote

I expected ramp or landing fees, especially since I need to park and borrow a car for a couple of hours.

I called business jet, $45 fee waved with 10gal purchase. That would be about what the 182 would take to fly GTU to DAL.
We'd be VFR.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 6:37:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I expected ramp or landing fees, especially since I need to park and borrow a car for a couple of hours.

I called business jet, $45 fee waved with 10gal purchase. That would be about what the 182 would take to fly GTU to DAL.
We'd be VFR.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We'd be VFR.

According to AirNav.com, Business Jet charges $6.10/gal for 100LL- they'll waive a $45.00 fee if you spend $61.00??

Pay the fee and save the money, especially if you don't need the fuel or go to Dallas Exec (KRBD; 10 NM south) to Ambassador Jet Center for NO ramp fee and $5.65 100LL.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 8:00:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

We'd be VFR.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

We'd be VFR.
into B?  go IFR,  file direct, they will route you with vectors anyways, then you don't have to beg for a slot

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 8:53:12 PM EDT
[#5]
VFR only here.

Canceled today due to sketchy forecast.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top