Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2014 10:18:08 AM EDT
when i was a kid about 8 or 9 y.o. my "Uncle Bob" gave me a solid wood B-25 model he made, he was the navigator in a B-25, i played with it a lot, when i got to 17 y.o. i joined the Navy, nearly 50 years later after my Dad died, his Earthly possessions were auctioned off, rummaging thru the big dumpster i found my B-25 it was missing the tail section landing gear, top gun turret and the left wing was loose.

soooo, in a fit of nostalgia, i decided to make one using the original as my guide, it is intended to be an outdoor model that is mounted on a pivot that the wind will cause the propellers to spin when aligned to the wind. i took a lot of photos during construction and the finished airplane, it works really great, i have been trying to post some photos BUT, my iPhoto won't allow me to even Email the photos to my son who could post them, here is what it looks like  

if anyone here is using an iMac with Safari/iPhoto, your help will be greatly appreciated in extracting these photos of mine.

thank you.

Bud
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:20:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Select the picture in iPhoto, then go to "File" at the top of your screen and select "Export Photo".   You can then select where you want to paste a copy of the picture.  For the sake of simplicity, just dump it on your desktop and you can attach the file in an email.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#2]
you might have to make the tail bigger if you don't feather the props
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:12:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Select the picture in iPhoto, then go to "File" at the top of your screen and select "Export Photo".   You can then select where you want to paste a copy of the picture.  For the sake of simplicity, just dump it on your desktop and you can attach the file in an email.
View Quote

thank you sir, i'll give that a try.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:16:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
you might have to make the tail bigger if you don't feather the props
View Quote

it is "kinda" to scale, but i did make the vertical stabs. a little bigger to catch the wind, the props are in full power mode.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 6:57:03 PM EDT
[#5]
If you need any pictures of a B-25, I've got some on my HD from the local museum. If you need anything specific and I don't have it I can swing by and take some for you 2 weeks from now on my next weekend off
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top