Interesting article
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 9:23:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 12:07:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Old news.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 5:26:06 PM EDT
[#3]
My late wife and I used to spend a lot of time camping and hiking outside of Alamogordo, NM and we'd see them flying around at all hours of the day/night.  Our last trip out there was in 2006 and we saw several, usually in groups of two.  It was a great place for watching planes.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 6:07:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I always liked that plane.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 6:13:35 PM EDT
[#5]
When I opened ot, I figured most likely they were using them for testing or teaching new test pilots.  Article went that way, makes sense.  We have some odd stuff still flying for test and development.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 7:10:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We have some odd stuff still flying for test and development.
View Quote

National Test Pilot School fleet

If I had a cool million laying around and two years to do nothing I would totally sign up.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 7:19:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If I had a cool million laying around and two years to do nothing I would totally sign up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dang I didn't realize it was so much.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 3:04:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Wish we mere citizens could buy old war birds.  Like the old WW2 birds we see at shows, we (the people) should be permitted to purchase and restore retired aircraft for similar usage.

I could totally go for an F16.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 8:44:56 AM EDT
[#9]
There are numerous old war birds that are owned by citizens.  Not sure about getting a viper, might be able to get one from another country and import.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 11:38:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know...on the list if I hit the Lotto. When they first started out, it was closer to 250k. Probably should have done it!
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 2:15:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
There are numerous old war birds that are owned by citizens.  Not sure about getting a viper, might be able to get one from another country and import.
View Quote

Virtually everything is available, if you have the money and can prove a commercial need.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:12:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I think the last Flanker on the American market went for 3 million..which is comparative to a good P-51.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 9:08:06 PM EDT
[#13]
The F-117s are probably being flown by local Police Departments as a part of the DOD's  " Militarization Of Civilian Police Forces "

The gestapo needs stealth capabilities to spy on citizens!      
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:00:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I think the last Flanker on the American market went for 3 million..which is comparative to a good P-51.
View Quote

Neither is currently registered though
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:02:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The DOCs of the Flanker are probably 5 times that of a Spit or P-51.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 11:53:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 5:05:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top