Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2014 11:27:40 AM EDT
My "employer" apparently cannot give me a new visor despite me having used my current one for over a year and it having the scratches and dings to prove it (no worries, I just fly with it up now).  Who cares if you mistake the scratch for another airplane?!?!  I'd like a gradient one because at certain sun angles sometimes it's hard to see below the rails.  I've found them on the website linked below, but if anyone has another source with a better price I'd appreciate it.

I would have thought that with the cost savings of not having our buildings (including briefing spaces) air conditioned in a very warm climate that we would have had some money for some visors... guess not!

http://www.gibson-barnes.com/prod-294526/Hgu55-Single-Lens-Bungee-Visor.html
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 12:16:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Dang I did not know the gradient was almost twice as much, no wonder no one ever has them.  Have you tried other squadrons?  I did that in the past.  I liked the gradient to see the Tpod display without having to raise the visor.  Might try the AMSO, they can get things sometimes the squadron can't.  I was one of the few folks I knew who liked the gradient, so you might be able to get one from another pilot as well.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 12:32:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm I haven't thought to see if a bro from another squadron could hook me up, I'll give that a try.  I might try contacting GENTEX too and see if I can work something out through them.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 12:51:49 PM EDT
[#3]
might look at other bases, like Yuma.  I could never use mine there, always way to sunny.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top