BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Tacked Flying Books (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:31:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm cleaning out my closet and came across a bunch of old books. If anyone wants them PM me and pay the shipping you can have them.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 8:30:48 AM EDT
[#2]
The Electra Story by Robert Serling (Rod Serling of The Twilight Zone's brother), and in the fiction category, Airframe by Michael Crichton.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 12:11:43 PM EDT
[#3]
North Star Over My Shoulder by Bob Buck

Follows the author's career from Beech 18s up to flying 747s for TWA I think. Fantastic book about the birth of commercial aviation all the way to the jet age.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 10:54:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Moondog’s Academy of the Air and Other Disasters by Peter Fusco. .  It was like reading my own journey through aviation.  Maybe some day I’ll make it.

Amazon linky
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:11:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Second on Skunk Works by Ben Rich. Absolutely a great read and lets you in on some things I've never heard before that went on during the cold war.

Also Baa Baa Black Sheep by Pappy Boyington. I actually have an autographed copy. Great book, a cool look into the Flying Tigers as well as the black sheep, and his life. They just don't make guys like that anymore, and that's a damn shame!
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 11:13:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Pickle:
Moondog’s Academy of the Air and Other Disasters by Peter Fusco. .  It was like reading my own journey through aviation.  Maybe some day I’ll make it.

Amazon linky
View Quote
I've had a copy of that around for a long time, it's a great book.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 11:50:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Flying the Line Volumes 1 & 2

Necessary reading for any aspiring airline pilot.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 8:24:30 PM EDT
[#8]
10,000 Hours Reminiscences of a Helicopter Pilot is one of my favorites if you can still get it.

A Gift Of Wings is a great story of a time when you could still barnstorm across the country giving rides to pay for gas!
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 2:19:24 AM EDT
[#9]
The Killing Zone - How and Why Pilots Die - Paul A. Craig

Dark Eagles - A History of Top-Secret US Aircraft - Curtis Peebles

The Dream Machine: The untold History of the Notorious V-22 Osprey - Richard Whittle

The Next Hour - The Most Important Hour In Your Logbook - Richard Collins

Currently reading:

Masters Of The Air: America's Bomber Boys Who Fought The Air War Against Nazi Germany - Donald L. Miller
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 2:37:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By madwis15:
Ragwings and Heavy Iron - Martin Caidin
View Quote
Yeah, you beat me. Great book!
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 2:09:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NasalRadiator] [#11]
I think I’ve read most of the good aviation books out there, and these two are prolly my favorite: “My Secret War” by Richard Dury and “My Logbook” by Gunther Rall. Both out of print, but could be found used on Amazon last I checked. Sadly Gunther’s book was insane money last I heard. I got a used copy about 10 years ago for maybe $30, and upon recommending it to a friend during Covid… he told me “WTF it’s $500”. I honestly think both are up there with “Fate is the Hunter”
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 10:22:22 AM EDT
[#12]
I read this book recently. It’s great. My dad thought highly of it as well.

Jorgy: the life of Native Alaskan bush pilot and airline captain Holger "Jorgy" Jorgensen

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:33:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Tacked Flying Books (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top