Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2016 6:09:45 PM EDT
I'm going to the Caribbean next week and am trying to plan my purchases
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 8:24:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Welp, I'm here in Grenada. Resort shop and local places have mostly what I believe to be fakes; although, the resort shop does have one selection of real Monte's for $34 each.

Also, from what I saw quickly in the airport on the way in, I don't think there are any cigars at all sold there. The airport is tiny.

Bummer.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 12:18:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:18:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Given a R&J.  Hope it was a fake as it had a bad draw and was unimpressive matched to the last I had overseas.   Planning ahead and will some some in Italy in the spring but no plans to bring back anything major. Just a few to let rest for a year or two.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 9:11:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Fellow arfcomer brought me back a RyJ Wide Churchill.  It was excellent.  He got in duty free in Brazil.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 8:04:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Several from multiple countries including Cuba. Fakes are everywhere, even in Cuba oddly enough. One has to be careful. I guess those are probably real Cubans, just not exactly what they are supposed to be.

Coming thru customs was a breeze. No issues at all.

While in Canada the local shop seemed concerned that this would hurt his business overall where as I thought it would help him. Many countries, south of the US not included, said they do not think there will be munch of a change in business unless we are allowed to import and sell them directly.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:28:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I brought back 2 boxes last week from Mexico. The customs officials are very knowledgeable about the recent changes in my experience and helped me quite a bit. They told me I could bring up to 100 cigars, I just couldn't afford to bring back 100
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 5:37:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I just came back from Couzmel. The customs guy asked if I had any and how many , I told him I had 20, he said have a good day.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 1:34:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have never had a Cuban cigar shipped to my doorstep.
View Quote

Because your door doesn't have steps? 
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 12:08:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 6:11:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top