Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2016 5:24:30 PM EDT
Showing off a humidor from a repurposed, vintage Stinger missile case that I just got done building. Scored these cases made in 1985 and never used - so it's in mint condition. It even came with the original box it's been sealed in and hidden in a warehouse since '85!

Couple of trays, powered Cigar Spa humidifier and it should hold ~ 1800 sticks or plenty of boxes. My client wanted me to drill a hole in the top of the lid to install an external mounted hygrometer - but I couldn't bring myself to do it. :) Will just give him one of the Xikar Wireless Systems instead so he can monitor everything remotely.

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 5:29:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 5:34:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is awesome. Was it you or another user who posted one of these awhile back?  Very nice!
View Quote

Thanks man. Yea another customer posted his up a month or so back. Different container but pretty similar size.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 8:01:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Pretty cool. I just worry about the humidity levels throughout with something shaped like that.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 7:30:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretty cool. I just worry about the humidity levels throughout with something shaped like that.
View Quote

I've built a few dozen or similar size custom humidors of the past 3 years or so an no complaints yet. Most of the owners are using a powered humidifier unit (with a fan to circulate air). We've got lots of holes in all the trays and dividers (I actually went back and added more holes to this case for that vertical divider you can see). Being air tight they actually maintain really even levels from top to bottom as well as side to side.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 8:53:11 AM EDT
[#5]
this is absolutely amazing. seriously.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 11:20:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Really cool
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 2:34:14 PM EDT
[#7]
That's awesome.  Do you have to worry about the missile case rusting inside over time from the humidity?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top