Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2016 3:48:04 PM EDT
Hello,

Going to Florida in a couple days for a week.  Are cigar prices(taxes)  high and pack my own or will I find some deals.  Staying in Clearwater for 4 days  the Coco beach for 3.  Thanks

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 4:04:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't smoke cigars, but based on where you said you'll be you might want to look in to this:

http://www.yborcityonline.com/merchant-directory/cigars
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 5:05:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't smoke cigars, but based on where you said you'll be you might want to look in to this:

http://www.yborcityonline.com/merchant-directory/cigars
View Quote

I'll check it out.  Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:18:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Florida doesn't have any special tax on cigars. Enjoy.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:13:18 AM EDT
[#4]
There are no taxes on cigars, so the prices are great.  If you're going to be in Clearwater, you MUST go to Tampa Sweethearts.  Even if you have to take an Uber to get there.  

There are some well respected shops in Ybor City (Tampa), but Tampa Sweethearts is by far the best.  I loved smoking in Florida, the laws are better, the people are friendly, the mojitos are strong and the prices are great.  

I'm jealous of your trip to Coco Beach, I really wanted to get out to Canaveral during my last trip to Orlando, but I was with family that didn't want to make the drive.  By the way, if you ever get to Orlando, Corona Cigar is a must see too.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:40:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There are no taxes on cigars, so the prices are great.  If you're going to be in Clearwater, you MUST go to Tampa Sweethearts.  Even if you have to take an Uber to get there.  

There are some well respected shops in Ybor City (Tampa), but Tampa Sweethearts is by far the best.  I loved smoking in Florida, the laws are better, the people are friendly, the mojitos are strong and the prices are great.  

I'm jealous of your trip to Coco Beach, I really wanted to get out to Canaveral during my last trip to Orlando, but I was with family that didn't want to make the drive.  By the way, if you ever get to Orlando, Corona Cigar is a must see too.
View Quote

This man speaks the truth. Excellent first post.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 9:05:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm smoking a Titsn de Bronze I got in Miami
6-7 bucks  

It's easily a 10 dollar cigar

I was impressed with the prices on Calle Ocho

And at the Neptune cigar place in Miami

I think you won't need to carry anything g
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 11:23:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the responses.  I had a blast on the trip. Cigars were plentyful.  The best and most reasonable were at Tarpon Springs.  Old Cuban family hand rolled right in the shop. Cuban seed grown in Nic. and the Dominican.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 11:53:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Thanks for all the responses.  I had a blast on the trip. Cigars were plentyful.  The best and most reasonable were at Tarpon Springs.  Old Cuban family hand rolled right in the shop. Cuban seed grown in Nic. and the Dominican.
View Quote
You won't beat that for the price

My local cigar bar has Cuban roller

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top