Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2016 1:42:48 PM EDT
I'd heard about rumors they were being sold...looks like it official.

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/oliva-cigar-acquired-by-european-cigar-company-18889

I wonder what the changes will be to Oliva?
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 4:33:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 5:09:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My buddy is the national sales rep for Oliva.  Nothing is changing.  They are just teaming up.  Rumor is that the bigger they are, the easier it will be to fight the fucking faggot ass FDA.
View Quote

Yeah, I know a few of their people too.  They even denied all the rumors.
Maybe they can finally update the Oliva website & actually list some new events and hopefully, there is no change with distribution & quality, but saying nothing will change always seems to be the kiss of death.  Someone doesn't come in and invest their money and not make any changes down the road.  It just doesn't happen.  Hopefully, any changes will be for the better.

I still wish they made the Serie S.  
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 6:59:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a few type O in the humidor. I still haven't tried them.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 11:27:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Europeans buying cigar companies have always been the kiss of death.   As you said "nothing will change" is always a bad omen as well.  The only plus to them buying is the money they bring to the table as already stated to fight the FDA.  I am sure Jonathan Drew is very happy with Swisher money to help with the same fight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top