Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2016 11:29:15 AM EDT
If so how bad were they? The description says may be missing hardware or have scratches/ gouges. They have one right now that I really like but just wondering how bad it may be or if it is like when you order a blem lower from PSA and the blem is nearly impossible to find.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 11:29:37 PM EDT
[#1]
You don't get the one in the pic, you get whatever they send you.

Got this for $40, just have to keep an eye on it. They usually go for around $50 or so.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:53:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Went thru enough "perfect" Chi-Com cheap humidor, and have learned my lesson.
Humidity instability is always a major struggle.
I dare not to think about buying a "imperfect" humidor.

That is the reason I bought a Aristrocrat humidor.  Still "perfect" for almost 10 years (bug infection, but AC went down for a week in the summer, while I was travelling a few years back, PIR my box of Sanchos Sanchos ).
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 3:41:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Went thru enough "perfect" Chi-Com cheap humidor, and have learned my lesson.
Humidity instability is always a major struggle.
I dare not to think about buying a "imperfect" humidor ).
View Quote

Pretty much this...check eBay for deals on older ones if your looking for a desktop. Also look into building a cooler, if you want lots of storage with little cost .
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 6:14:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 8:35:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a wineador at home looking for a small 50 -100 capacity desktop for work.

FWIW this is what I am looking at, the description says the imperfections are cosmetic only and they still guarantee a good seal

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/humidors/imperfect-humidors/the-pompeii-imperfect-inlay-glass-top-cigar-humidor.html
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 8:41:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You don't get the one in the pic, you get whatever they send you.

Got this for $40, just have to keep an eye on it. They usually go for around $50 or so.
View Quote

link goes to cigar bid.....not going down that black hole today

ETA... you A-hole that black hole sucked me in and I am about $125 poorer. I ended up just getting the 40-50 capacity herf-a-dor. It doesn't quite have the eye appeal of a wood box but I know it will keep a seal and hold humidity I will just throw it in my desk drawer instead of desktop. I also picked up a few sampler packs and a new cutter.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:29:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:55:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Cheap Humidors is a good site.  I would go ahead and order, but only if you can return the humidor for free if you don't like it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a wineador at home looking for a small 50 -100 capacity desktop for work.

FWIW this is what I am looking at, the description says the imperfections are cosmetic only and they still guarantee a good seal

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/humidors/imperfect-humidors/the-pompeii-imperfect-inlay-glass-top-cigar-humidor.html

Cheap Humidors is a good site.  I would go ahead and order, but only if you can return the humidor for free if you don't like it.

I have used them when I bought trays for my wineador and they were G2G. As far as the above, I just ended up buying a herfador instead. Its not as visually appealing at a nice wood desktop box, but I know it will seal and hold temp and humidity.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:09:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 8:49:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought this, the Cuban footlocker, as an imperfect a number of years ago and it's still going strong. It had a few indentations on the lid, only noticeable in certain conditions, but it lives under the overhang of my desk, so I never see it.
Top Top