Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2015 4:49:24 PM EDT
Went to the cigar shop today. It rivals stuff heard at gun shops.

Guy told the sales guy that he liked X cigar he recommended and it was really good in the 2nd half. The guy working there told him to cut off the first half and only smoke the 2nd half insead.

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 5:04:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 5:17:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 6:04:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Good (or bad) timing on this - I had to cut off a chunk of my cigar off this morning to salvage it because of how
tight it was rolled.  But it sure wasn't to get to the better second half like that guy
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 6:53:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess I whould have asked if you get a different flavor profile by smoking it backwards.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 5:59:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Must have been a "Double Happiness"...

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:42:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 9:03:29 AM EDT
[#7]
So I guess Ill turn this into what I heard at the cigar shop.

As I was browsing through the humidor, I get into a conversation with a fella.

...several minutes into the conversation....

Me: Yeah I usually stop and see what deal the local store is having to restock my humidor and coolerador.

Him: Coolerador?? Whats that?

Me: A cooler Ive turned into an aging/storage for my cigars. I keep it full of cigars that I want to smoke later, from a few months to years.

Him: You keep them over 2 years?? I throw everything away after two years.

Me: Why? Sometimes aging a cigar for a few months sometimes longer, makes them more enjoyable to smoke.

Him: Oh well mine grow mold so I smoke all 20 or so in a weekend, then toss everything, including the humidor and start over.

Me:   Seriously why mold. It might be plume, that just signs the cigar is aging nicely.

Him: No its mold, grows everywhere.

Me: What humidity do you keep the humidor

Him: 80%

Me: Wow thats really high, 60's is more of the range to shoot for.

Him: No 80% and they are fantastic.

Me: Ok do what you think, but the 60's is the range....

Him: Nope, you have a nice day.

As he is walking out, myself and the clerk catch eyes and he rolls his eyes.

Clerk says guy is weird, he bought a box of Opus X's one year, claimed they were stale and threw them all out.

Just to name one of the weird stories he told me.

Sigh, while I am grateful of my cigar knowledge and try to help without pushing, because some have no idea. I cant count how many people I have helped and how they are grateful I helped them.

I guess ignorance is bliss.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top