Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2015 5:43:13 AM EDT
Normally I smoke nice cigars, some would say I'm a cigar snob. I stick to the $10 to $30 cigars. I've smoked them all however. Due to medical reasons and financial ones (they're related of course) that is no longer an option. Oddly enough when I smoke a cigar at night I relax, feel better and get my mind off the other two problems for quite a period of time.

Any recommendations for a significantly cheaper smoke? I have a preference for a stronger cigar, but whatever. Just something a notch above a swisher sweet would probably do it.

The Dr. suggested something else to smoke but it's illegal here and I'm not really interested in that right now to begin with. Who knew cigars would be healthy lol.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:24:24 AM EDT
[#1]
JR's Alternative cigars.

Just make sure the original had a wrapper from the Dominican Republic and they will be ok.
JR grows their tobacco in the DR, so if the wrapper from the one they are coping comes from DR, the flavor profile will more closely match.

I prefer Jr's Padron line, IMHO they are pretty dang close.

You get roughly 30 cigars for 33$ including tax.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:35:23 AM EDT
[#2]
famous' nic 3000 if nicaraguan is your thing.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:40:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Tarkington is always right
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:43:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
famous' nic 3000 if nicaraguan is your thing.
View Quote

They're pretty good once fresh, but I'd buy a couple of bundles as these need a good year before they start coming into their own.

At that point, they will rival many other high quality sticks.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 6:43:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:48:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the suggestions, going to look into them this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 4:49:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Saint Luis Rey Maduro Rothchild . $5 or less and a very good cigar.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:58:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:33:31 PM EDT
[#9]
The New World by AJ Fernandez, I've seen robusto's for 5 bucks.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 2:47:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Tarkington is always right
View Quote

this is the truth
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 2:52:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Illusione Rothchildes -- they come 50 p/cab and can be had for under $4. Med Full strength, lots of flavor.

MoW Ruination - I love the Belicoso vitola -- especially with some age on them. You can score these on CBid for about $3-4 a stick.

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 3:14:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I think the Diesel's are a strong cigar that won't break the bank.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 1:42:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I think the Diesel's are a strong cigar that won't break the bank.
View Quote

Agreed. I usually smoke Padrons but have had good experiences with these as of late.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:22:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Tattoo, Ruination, Nica Rustica, Luchador, CAO Amazon

I'm a fan off all things Romeo and Man 'O War, neither brand has let me down yet.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 4:06:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Tattoo, Ruination, Nica Rustica, Luchador, CAO Amazon

I'm a fan off all things Romeo and Man 'O War, neither brand has let me down yet.
View Quote
These are fairly strong.  Get the 2nds off of cbid and save even more money.

I'm a cheap ass I don't really pay more than 4-5$/ stick. But even then I sometimes score nicer smokes.

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 12:02:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Picked up a 5 pack samper off Cbid for $13.00 of 601 cigars so we'll see how those go. Never had one. Hope they are at least semi strong.

Seeing as Don Pepin is my favorite cigars we'll see. Didn't even know till I looked them up that they are made by Don Pepin. Some days I get lucky. Not often, but some days.

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 1:31:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Depending on your preferred price range check out the cigar monster page on famous smoke. You can get LP undercrowns for around $5. I'm a HUGE fan also of the Room 101 Payback that are around $4-5 each.

If you want to go cheaper and want to hit cbid I can typically get diesel UHCs at around $2.5-2.75 and Man O'Wars at around $3 each. There are a lot of really good budget conscious cigars out there if you know where to look.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top