Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2015 9:26:29 PM EDT
Ran across these pre-fab wine cooler / humidors on Amazon today.  It would appear Forrest makes the shelves for the Newair, and Chuck makes the shelves for the Whynter.  Looks like standard wineador process - de-odorize, humidify and stock.  Any one have any experience with them?

Newair CC-100
Whynter CHC-120S
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:28:17 AM EDT
[#1]
No experience, but that's really slick.  Save you some time in lining it or obtaining shelves.  Looks well done, too.

If you are more of a DIY kind of guy, it's pretty easy to find wine coolers on craig's list in the $50 range.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:35:07 PM EDT
[#2]
It depends on what your intentions are.  I ended up buying the wine cooler and then contacting Forrest to have shelves made.  Forrest is kinda credited to some degree for the popularity for wineadors.  I believe he was really the first to make shelving for a wide variety of wine coolers and he is the one who makes the shelving for the NewAir coolers and I would imagine the other you listed.

Anyway, to the topic.  I had him make 5 shelves with 1 drawer for my setup.  6 months later, i am only using 1 shelf.  

If you like to buy a bunch of different singles, go for a couple drawers.  If you envision buying mostly boxes, maybe get a drawer and 2 shelves.  They'll fill up faster than you think they will and instead of putting a bunch of money into shelving, buy another box.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 4:32:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy the larger model.  They fill up pretty quickly and easily.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top