Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2015 9:26:29 PM EDT
Ran across these pre-fab wine cooler / humidors on Amazon today.  It would appear Forrest makes the shelves for the Newair, and Chuck makes the shelves for the Whynter.  Looks like standard wineador process - de-odorize, humidify and stock.  Any one have any experience with them?

Newair CC-100
Whynter CHC-120S
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:28:17 AM EDT
[#1]
No experience, but that's really slick.  Save you some time in lining it or obtaining shelves.  Looks well done, too.

If you are more of a DIY kind of guy, it's pretty easy to find wine coolers on craig's list in the $50 range.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:35:07 PM EDT
[#2]
It depends on what your intentions are.  I ended up buying the wine cooler and then contacting Forrest to have shelves made.  Forrest is kinda credited to some degree for the popularity for wineadors.  I believe he was really the first to make shelving for a wide variety of wine coolers and he is the one who makes the shelving for the NewAir coolers and I would imagine the other you listed.

Anyway, to the topic.  I had him make 5 shelves with 1 drawer for my setup.  6 months later, i am only using 1 shelf.  

If you like to buy a bunch of different singles, go for a couple drawers.  If you envision buying mostly boxes, maybe get a drawer and 2 shelves.  They'll fill up faster than you think they will and instead of putting a bunch of money into shelving, buy another box.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 4:32:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy the larger model.  They fill up pretty quickly and easily.
Top Top