Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2014 8:58:02 PM EDT
I was wondering what ya'll would recommend for a very first cigar to try out?
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:23:27 PM EDT
[#1]
A nice mild Macanudo.

Stay away from the flavored shit.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:46:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I will stay away from the flavored stuff those do not interest me at all. Are there any websites that you prefer to use? Any brand that would be a good place to start from? Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:01:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I will stay away from the flavored stuff those do not interest me at all. Are there any websites that you prefer to use? Any brand that would be a good place to start from? Thanks for the help.
View Quote

Macanudo is a brand.

Cigars International, Cheap Humidors, Mike's Cigars, and so on.

Order a couple of five cigar samplers, and smoke your way through them.

I think people here have said to stay away from Thompson Cigar Company.

I have done business with both Cheap Humidors, and Mike's Cigars.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:07:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Alright thanks for the info I'll go check some of them out and see what I can order. Appreciate the help.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:20:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:33:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I wish we had a shop nearby, the closest one is about 45 miles away. I will definitely stay away from Gurkha cigars, I have read a lot of negative reviews about that brand. Do ya'll think it's important to get some type of humidor right away or just wait until I've tried a few different cigars first?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:37:48 PM EDT
[#7]
welcome!

the guys here give good advice, Stay away from flavored cigars. I personally use cigars international, and if a local shop is out of the question, ci (Cigars international) usually have a starters pack, ie, cutter/punch, lighter and a sampler pack for a good price.

enjoy!
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:47:01 AM EDT
[#8]
cigars

Are these cigars any good? I haven't been able to find out much about them. Or should I steer clear?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:43:47 PM EDT
[#9]
i enjoy them, i actually just received the set. imho a pretty good deal
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:11:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I figured it would be worth a try since it wasn't to expensive. I think I will try them out, at the very least I'll have a lighter and a cutter out of the deal.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:17:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I like several of the La Perla cigars. They make a good everyday smoke. If I was starting to smoke cigars now I would probably start with something similar to it and pick a few out for special ocassion type smokes. I would not start off smoking $10 cigars. But others might have a different opinion.

Be aware they normally throw in lighters that can't be certified as butane free or whatever and the package sits at the post office for a few weeks. Your mileage may vary. I waited a month to get a sampler once because they free in a free lighter.

It will say so before you check out. They don't suprise you with it. Some do and some don't.

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:01:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like several of the La Perla cigars. They make a good everyday smoke. If I was starting to smoke cigars now I would probably start with something similar to it and pick a few out for special ocassion type smokes. I would not start off smoking $10 cigars. But others might have a different opinion.

Be aware they normally throw in lighters that can't be certified as butane free or whatever and the package sits at the post office for a few weeks. Your mileage may vary. I waited a month to get a sampler once because they free in a free lighter.

It will say so before you check out. They don't suprise you with it. Some do and some don't.

View Quote

That is good to know about the lighter. I'll have to pay attention when I'm checking out.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:40:20 PM EDT
[#13]
man.. talk about a loaded question.

ok. heres what you do. find a good knowledgeable brick and mortar and ask the tobacconist to suggest something.
price? style, cut.. its all varied. it's like a favorite food, or band, or brand.. it's totally subjective to the individual.
without a palette for certain tastes you've adapted, a smoke is going to be a smoke unfortunately.
however, you definitely do not want to start on something too strong.
a good brick and mortar gets these questions a lot and will be happy to assist with competent suggestions. good luck
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 10:40:29 PM EDT
[#14]
As for a humidor, look at making a "tuppordor ". I used a plastic ammo can and a Boveda pack.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 11:37:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Oliva Connecticut for an absolute tobacco newb. Mild strength, subtle flavors, but tasty, affordable, and can be found in just about any cigar shop in the country.
Top Top