Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2014 11:40:52 AM EDT
I bought a few of these :

and was wondering what was the proper way light it?

The 1st one I just lit the little tip. This while not disasterous took a while to get burning correctly.

The 2nd one I clipped the end off, toasted it and smoked it with no problems.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:42:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:02:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Just light the tip and let it even out by itself.
The cigar will burn unevenly first, but will even itself out in time.

Do not clip the tip off.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 10:45:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 8:44:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep.  Just light the tip.  

You rarely get one that "works like its supposed to" and will end up "Touching up" somewhere to even out the burn.  At least I do, but I like tinkering with things to get them just right.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 12:10:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 5:19:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Hemingways almost always burn razor sharp, but every once in a while you'll get one that needs some patience. A well made cigar should be self correcting. I've never smoked the Oliva Serie G perfecto but I've been curious about it for a while due to price. What was your opinion?
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:35:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hemingways almost always burn razor sharp, but every once in a while you'll get one that needs some patience. A well made cigar should be self correcting. I've never smoked the Oliva Serie G perfecto but I've been curious about it for a while due to price. What was your opinion?
View Quote

It was OK for the price. A good cigar to have in the humidor.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:09:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:09:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 1:01:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I don't care for the Gs....to light and wispy for me.
Vs are much better in my book.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

^^^ What he said. Series V are definitely worth the extra couple bucks.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:02:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you like Vs, you got to try V Maduro, especially aged ones from the first batch, introduced a few years ago.

Another great choice, which is seldom talked about here, is Hemingways Maduro, only available during Christmas time.  But it, let it sit in your humidor for a few years, they are excellent.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:25:33 AM EDT
[#12]
The story I heard was that perfectos and similar shapes were made to save on matches. Now, I've never been in the kid of financial situation where I could  only afford one match but thought buying a cigar was a good idea, so that may be bullshit, or maybe matches were more expensive in the past.

But yes, I light just the small end.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top