Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2014 1:29:04 PM EDT
I was asked what I wanted for my birthday and I said a humidor. The one i have now doesnt keep a seal and I think its for show. Whats a good one for the money. maybe only holding 100 or less cigars.

I have been eyeing this one

here

Also I just got some cigars from cigar international, Should I take them out of the little plastic wrappers? I usually get a box from don pablos in Vegas and they dont wrap them.

Okay I went with a 100 humidor, This one here Should I get this
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 2:43:57 PM EDT
[#1]

2. Cbid, Cigar.com & Cigars int'l are 3 of my favorite places to throw my cigar funds at.

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 3:47:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I am not looking for a cooler. Thanks though, I would like to be able to have it in my movie room or office.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 4:10:17 PM EDT
[#3]
You linked me to THOMPSON... Do you know how many years it took me to get off their mailing list!

If I get another catalog... You may well end up with the worst dog rocket I can find... If I have to infuse a grape blunt with tapioca pudding!

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 4:54:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I really like this one but the price is throwing me off. Not thompson

here
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 5:19:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really like this one but the price is throwing me off. Not thompson

here
View Quote

I've never had any glass humidors, mostly due to being told when I was just starting off that they are just plain harder to make with good seals.

Also, I don't know what level you are at with your purchases, or what "main" storage you have.  You may outgrow that one if you progress like many of the other guys in here.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 5:56:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I have two larger cabinet style humidors but I also have a smaller 100 cigar humidor I keep around the office. I got it off Cbid and it's the same one they sell on CI. I think I paid $35-$40 for it and it looks good and so far has kept a good seal. It's all wood.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:22:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am not looking for a cooler. Thanks though, I would like to be able to have it in my movie room or office.
View Quote

This one got good reviews
Mantello Humidor
Definitely get a separate digital hygrometer to toss inside or you can also replace the analog hygrometer with a digital version as well.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 2:50:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Go to Cigar Bid and bid on a Man O War 100 count. I got mine for $45 and it holds humidity rock solid, plus it's a sexy freaking hummidor. They have been going for around that price pretty often.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 5:58:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Go to Cigar Bid and bid on a Man O War 100 count. I got mine for $45 and it holds humidity rock solid, plus it's a sexy freaking hummidor. They have been going for around that price pretty often.
View Quote

+1. Good box, a few of us on here have them.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 6:10:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I think I have this one and I paid $40 or so for it. Been a nice humidor and I keep it in my office and it looks nice. I have two larger ones at home. I just keep a couple of packs in it for humidity control. You can search CI for Tuscany and read the reviews on it.

http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1856745/The-Tuscany-Cherry-Finish-Humidor-100-Capacity/

Link Posted: 10/11/2014 8:49:05 AM EDT
[#11]
I bought a Man O War and a 5 Vegas off CBid. I kept the 5 Vegas and gave the other one to a friend. It's been working really well for me, I use beads and a digital hygrometer in mine and it's been staying between 65-68% RH with around 80 cigars in it. I paid around $45 a piece.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 8:32:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think I have this one and I paid $40 or so for it. Been a nice humidor and I keep it in my office and it looks nice. I have two larger ones at home. I just keep a couple of packs in it for humidity control. You can search CI for Tuscany and read the reviews on it.

http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1856745/The-Tuscany-Cherry-Finish-Humidor-100-Capacity/

View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 1:41:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 2:42:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41QX2eiQWQL._SY300_.jpg

2. Cbid, Cigar.com & Cigars int'l are 3 of my favorite places to throw my cigar funds at.

View Quote

coolers make poor choices for aging cigars.....
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:16:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I can't find any 5 vegas on cbid so I will wait it out.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 5:03:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Is there a big difference between Man o war and a HC here is the link, they are both 100 cigars so they are the same size? I am just nervous about the seal.
No 1

No 2

and

No 3
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:10:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Is there a big difference between Man o war and a HC here is the link, they are both 100 cigars so they are the same size? I am just nervous about the seal.
No 1

No 2

and

No 3
View Quote

Looks like the only difference is outside decoration. Mine has a great seal.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:47:16 PM EDT
[#18]
I think they are the same. If you look at the pics they are built almost exactly the same. I have a non man o'war and it says "Sure Seal Technology" on the tag inside.
I believe CI and Cbid have a whole series of humidors that are basically the same. Search for it on CI and read the reviews.

You can even see the same tag in humidor #1.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:24:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Can you guys post some pics to I can see how big it is?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:01:15 AM EDT
[#20]
It won't hold 100 cigars I can tell you that. When I was staying somewhere else basically all summer I bought a 50 cigar sampler from CI and aleady had about 10-15 cigars in it of various sizes/shapes and it was pretty much getting close to being full.  So I would say 75 is probably max on a practical level. Still think it's a great humidor for $40ish bucks. Quality made and looks nice. If someone I know picks up smoking I might give them out as gifts. Not too big that people can't display them or move them around to other rooms/locations like an office if needed.

Also not shown in the pics at least mine is covered in felt on the bottom so it doesn't move around and scratchanything.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 9:09:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Updated in OP
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:24:21 AM EDT
[#22]
sweet!
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:47:41 PM EDT
[#23]
I still hope you have a much bigger storage area.  And are just using that one for your movie room smokes.  In which case you could probably even go smaller.  And depending on your normal humidity in the house, I would stick with the 65% beads.  Less chance that you would have to dry box your movie smokes before the previews even start.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:26:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I still hope you have a much bigger storage area.  And are just using that one for your movie room smokes.  In which case you could probably even go smaller.  And depending on your normal humidity in the house, I would stick with the 65% beads.  Less chance that you would have to dry box your movie smokes before the previews even start.
View Quote

This will be my main humidor, I have a small 20 cigar humidor and I have a pyramid humidor that is all banged up, I will keep some good one in the 100 humidor,  abd the good ones in the 20, I plan on picking up a few boxes and that will be it.  Why 65 instead of 75%? Just asking...
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:27:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:41:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks I am looking at the heartfelt bead tubes and I might just get what ever they have in stock.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 5:54:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I was asked what I wanted for my birthday and I said a humidor. The one i have now doesnt keep a seal and I think its for show. Whats a good one for the money. maybe only holding 100 or less cigars.

I have been eyeing this one

here

Also I just got some cigars from cigar international, Should I take them out of the little plastic wrappers? I usually get a box from don pablos in Vegas and they dont wrap them.

Okay I went with a 100 humidor, This one here Should I get this
View Quote

I've had that same humidor, with 65% Heartfelt beads, for about 6 months now and am very happy with it.
I took the foam out of the holder in the lid and filled it with the beads and also have a medium tube in it filled with beads. Humidity changes very little and I've only had to re-charge the beads once so far. The only problem I've had with the beads in the lid was when I first filled it with another brand, they cracked real bad and dropped pieces down on the cigars. Since I switched the the Heartfelt beads, that problem went away.

Quoted:
65 is a great smoking humidity point.
I keep my stuff at or as close to 65 degrees and 65 RH.
Higher humidity can lead to sluggish smoking and in really over humidified cigars...blowouts and splits.

But....other love a 70-72 range RH.
It's all personal preference.

Echo
View Quote

I've found that any time I leave smokes in my herf-a-dor for a couple of days with a freshly charged 65% Heartfelt tube the cigars tend to crack, split, and basically fall apart. Lesson learned.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:44:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Well I started seasoning it, Day one, the hardest part is trying not to open it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top