BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 8:29:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
How about a Arfcom cigar band type logo...

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/4812/arfcomhumidor.jpg

This is so cool!
My only fear is that the text is very fine and the font is small.
Keep them coming.
We are getting some really great stuff.

Yeah. Really like the style. If the font were larger I think it would be whicked good design.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 12:31:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

......just wow.

What size is that image?

So far what I have been able to gather, the image needs to be really big...at least 1,000 pixels in one direction but even bigger is recommended.

I will need a copy of that one no matter what!!!

If it doesn't make the final, I am having it cut into a sticker!!!

And maybe something else as well....

Echo

The original is big. I can fix it to whatever screen print standards will exist if need be.

Link Posted: 12/22/2011 1:21:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
......just wow.

What size is that image?
So far what I have been able to gather, the image needs to be really big...at least 1,000 pixels in one direction but even bigger is recommended.

Echo

The original is big. I can fix it to whatever screen print standards will exist if need be.

I like that.  A lot.  POW/MIA on one side, Wounded Warrior on the other.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 1:40:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
......just wow.

What size is that image?

Echo

I would think both of those are trademarked/copyrighted logos and the entities that own those would have a vested interest in controlling who uses the logos.  I would think you would have to get permission for their use and I'm not sure they would necessarily be forthcoming.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 1:56:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
......just wow.

What size is that image?

Echo

I would think both of those are trademarked/copyrighted logos and the entities that own those would have a vested interest in controlling who uses the logos.  I would think you would have to get permission for their use and I'm not sure they would necessarily be forthcoming.

Yeah I thought about that after I posted.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 2:37:37 PM EDT
[#6]
All very positive comments...

The POW/MIA is public domain so no issue there but the Wounded Warrior Project might be different.
I will contact them.

Another plan could be to reach out to Marcus Luttrell and his Boots On campaign.
He is always looking to get that message out.
I will give him a call.

And let's not forget, these are not set in stone but brainstorming ideas.
They have been kicking around a design for months in the PA hometown forum and I don't want to go down that path.
We have some great ideas and I am sure we can mix and match them until we get a nail down design.

Echo
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 2:42:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
All very positive comments...

The POW/MIA is public domain so no issue there but the Wounded Warrior Project might be different.
I will contact them.

Another plan could be to reach out to Marcus Luttrell and his Boots On campaign.
He is always looking to get that message out.
I will give him a call.

And let's not forget, these are not set in stone but brainstorming ideas.
They have been kicking around a design for months in the PA hometown forum and I don't want to go down that path.
We have some great ideas and I am sure we can mix and match them until we get a nail down design.

Echo

You have my vote for a hastily decided, poorly executed plan.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 3:26:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I tried to incorporate a lot of ideas in the thread. I don't love it, but here it is.

http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/9595/humidorshirt.gif

I really like this...but where's the pipes??
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 3:39:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I tried to incorporate a lot of ideas in the thread. I don't love it, but here it is.

I really like this...but where's the pipes??

Patience grasshopper.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 4:31:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I would buy a couple...
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 4:37:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Not to be a dick, but I hope there ain't no pipe on the final version.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 5:08:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not to be a dick, but I hope there ain't no pipe on the final version.

I am already thinking about two final designs.

Link Posted: 12/22/2011 6:24:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I like this design.  The only thing I would say is that it might be hard to figure out what it is for anybody other than the one wearing the shirt.   That might be a bad thing though.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 6:25:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Another great design.  I would maybe change the font of the AR15.com.  The digital print seems distracting for some reason.  A very minor detail on an overall great idea though.
Link Posted: 12/26/2011 11:18:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Suggestion.  We co-opt the phrase uttered by Charleton Heston.  The shirt has a skeleton hand holding a lit cigar in one hand and a AR15 in the other with wording that says "You Can Have My Cigars and Guns When You Pry Them From My Cold, Dead Hands"

I like this one. Cigars and guns rolled into one shirt.
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 1:14:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Oh hell yea, I would be down for 3-4 shirts fo sho.
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 9:16:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Like to throw this out there since there are so many ideas.  Call them troop pass shirts.  Have an option to get them every pass.  Since we seem to have a pass every season call the first one troop pass winter 2011-2012 just a thought
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 7:54:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 8:23:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Like to throw this out there since there are so many ideas.  Call them troop pass shirts.  Have an option to get them every pass.  Since we seem to have a pass every season call the first one troop pass winter 2011-2012 just a thought

We could also do both.  Only way to get a troop pass shirt is to either have participated or be actively participating.

Let me get back in the office next week and start making some connections.
I am spending quality time with the wife and kids this week and trying not to do anything else.

We have so many great ideas and I want to reach out to mustang and work them all in.
He has the skills and the software to make it happen.

Once we have some designs, they go in to the approval stage.
From there....selection.
I want to get them approved before we pick a design and find out it won't fly.

Are we good with that???

That is purely rhetorical by the way....
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 10:18:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

We could also do both.  Only way to get a troop pass shirt is to either have participated or be actively participating.

Will there be another troop pass soon?  Looks like the current thread was for Christmas.  I'm relatively new, but I have a nice cigar shop a couple miles away that I could get some good cigars.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:52:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Will there be another troop pass soon?  Looks like the current thread was for Christmas.  I'm relatively new, but I have a nice cigar shop a couple miles away that I could get some good cigars.

A couple of things....

First to answer the OP....this pass is finishing up.
Once it does and a purge what I have left, I will be taking a short break.
14 collection boxes went out so far between the three runs to date and I am coming up to a busy time at work.
So stockpile and continue to build troop collections and in March I will start another round.

Second...there have been requests to kick off a Humidor Pass of some variety...premium, Nicuaragan, Churchill....a themed pass so I will be looking to that at in February.

Third....as for using the Wounded Warrior logo on a shirt...I made some calls and without prior or promised support to that program with a significant commitment, the use of that logo is out. I support them personally but that is a private choice and should not be a prerequisite for the participants to enjoy the logo...as a group that is.
I asked Mustang to tweak the design a bit and use another public domain logo.
Let's see what this graphics guru can come up with.

And lastly....Slavac is right!
We will commission two designs. One for those that have and will support the troop passes (we know who you are) and one for a Humidor Forum design - one for anyone to enjoy.
The troop passes are special and those that have participated should be singled out.

Ok....my three cents are now on the counter.

Echo
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:19:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Daddy likes.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:49:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Echo you're the man, thanks for all of this.  I'm in for likely more than 1 shirt, just because.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:29:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Echo you're the man, thanks for all of this.  I'm in for likely more than 1 shirt, just because.

Hey, I just jumped in on this...

Others started it but I have no problem taking the wheel.

Be patient, things are brewing...
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:02:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:39:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Echo asked me to do another design.

This one popped into my head. It's a little rough, but you get the idea.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:59:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 12:02:55 AM EDT
[#28]
I like that design.  Most will probably think this is dumb, but I have always shied away from wearing anything military oriented because I wasn't able to be in the military. I wouldn't want anyone to assume I served.  I have no idea if I would have what it takes to do what a lot of soldiers do.

I would still buy it though.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 3:30:19 PM EDT
[#29]
That last one is awesome.  Well done!
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 8:23:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 8:54:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Pennsylvania and New England should be finalized this week then I'll move onto this design.

What we can do is take a vote on the designs in this thread and then I can recreate and test print the winning design. Then I'll post some pictures of the design on a shirt and if everything looks good we'll add it to the Build Your Own T-Shirt option in the store so you guys can mix and match it with all of our other designs.

More gooder!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 11:56:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pennsylvania and New England should be finalized this week then I'll move onto this design.

What we can do is take a vote on the designs in this thread and then I can recreate and test print the winning design. Then I'll post some pictures of the design on a shirt and if everything looks good we'll add it to the Build Your Own T-Shirt option in the store so you guys can mix and match it with all of our other designs.

More gooderMoe Better!!!!!!
FIFY

Link Posted: 1/9/2012 12:03:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Color me interested!
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 5:29:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Most exellent. Feh, and right after getting kicked in the face by christmas expenses...sall good though, the cable bill doesnt need to be paid this month anyway
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 12:56:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Bump so it doesn't get lost.
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 2:30:50 PM EDT
[#36]
So where we bes on this
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 2:42:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Spawn just finished the PA design but was waiting for everyone to come back from SHOT.
He had one other then he was looking at ours.
He does fantastic work so we need to be patient.

There will be a few design options and then we can pick from them.

It won't take him long...

If we don't like them, we still have a few ideas already offered but from what I've seen of his work, we will be happy.

Echo
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 3:04:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Good to hear, cant wait to see what he comes up with.
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 3:10:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Something else to consider....

I have been in contact with a few members here that do custom die cut stickers.
If we get a design that is liked but not in the final one picked, we can get stickers or files saved to silkscreen elsewhere.

If you wonder what Spawn can do, look at the PA Hometown forum.
Look at that T-shirt thread and what he did.
I am so ordering a few once they hit the ARFCOM store!!!
Freekin awesome!!!!

So no matter what, we will have options.

Echo

Link
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 12:42:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 12:44:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
You guys are a little crazy in this forum!

Look.......we have done it!!!!

Goatboy has noticed us......

Our shirt will be approved now?!?!
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 12:54:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I prefer Loco since our cigars are from spanish speaking countries

Link Posted: 1/31/2012 1:26:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 1:39:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shirts are almost done... and notice you, who do you think created the forum.  

Link Posted: 1/31/2012 2:16:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 2:17:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
All thanks goes to Spawn, I think he'll be in here soon to show off the design.

Link Posted: 1/31/2012 3:34:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
All thanks goes to Spawn, I think he'll be in here soon to show off the design.

Outstanding.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 8:54:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 4:44:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 4:57:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top