Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 7/20/2011 11:35:22 AM EDT
Well....I thought I would get more of a response from good ole Slavac but since it is official....

I'm going to start off a cigar pass for the troops. If you want to participate, here's what you need to do:

1. Sign up here by posting in this thread.
2. IM me your address.
3. If you participate in the pass, you MUST ship the box pass out within a few days of receipt and you MUST ship in a manner that utilizes tracking information somehow. The easiest way to ship is via USPS's Flat Rate box with delivery confirmation but UPS/Fedex/similar will also work.
4. You MUST post that tracking information in this thread. Just the tracking info, not the person's address. This keeps people honest.
5. Be generous, all of the cigars finally collected will go to the troops. Every last stick no exceptions....not even an very aged ISOM that finds it way in...it all goes to those deployed!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

The pass itself:

1. I will start the pass with 10-15 cigars and mail it out to the first person on the list.
2. Upon receipt, the person will then take whichever cigars he or she likes. Those cigars MUST be replaced by an equal amount of similarly priced cigars.
3. It's recommended that you donate above and beyond your takes as all of the cigars collected will go to the troops.
4. Feel free to contribute items for the troops. Snacks, games, movies, snuff, you get the idea. All items collected will go to the troops.
5. After you've done your puts and takes, mail the box out to the next address in line. I will be sending you that address.
6. You must mail using some method that will provide tracking information and please try to get the box out again quickly.
7. You must then post that tracking information in this thread.

If you have a large package ready to go or a bunch of stuff please send it to me directly and send the box on its way to the next person on the list.
I have three persons from three branches lined up to receive and distribute BUT...IF YOU HAVE A BUDDY, TEAMMATE, OR OTHERWISE DEPLOYED UNIT THAT YOU KNOW OF....IM or EMAIL ME AND WE WILL SHARE THE WEALTH!!!

I have three large flat rate boxes ready to go and they just need cigars to kick them off.
Shipping will happen as I fill boxes.

I do not care how many boxes that have to go out!!!

l1zardking
FRIGID
Fammyman
TheWenisPrinkle
Bullofspadez
Slavac
bass_ackwardz
shadow_walker
Askonison
Fro1911Nut  
Praemitto
Vitamin_G
runs_with_scissors
medicth
EchoAngel17
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 11:44:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Sure I am in
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 1:08:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 2:19:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 3:50:35 PM EDT
[#4]
In
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 3:52:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I LOVE IT!!!!!!
Keep it coming boys!!!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 4:05:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm IN!!!  Been sitting on some troop smokes for a while now.  Time to send these suckers out.
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 7:15:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 8:50:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm in on this one.

Bill
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 9:46:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Sign me up .
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 9:56:42 PM EDT
[#10]
In
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 10:31:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Im in
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 10:18:47 AM EDT
[#12]
ETA first post....da rules are now listed.
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 10:19:35 AM EDT
[#13]
ETA....in so far...

l1zardking
FRIGID
Fammyman
TheWenisPrinkle
Bullofspadez
Slavac
bass_ackwardz
shadow_walker
Askonison
Fro1911Nut
Praemitto
Vitamin_G
runs_with_scissors
medicth
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 12:09:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm in this one!
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 6:52:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Yep.  In.
Link Posted: 7/21/2011 7:31:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I bes ins ons dis
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 9:14:04 AM EDT
[#17]
can I sign up for the troop smokes please?  I'm on a very small NATO base in the middle of no where in Afghanistan and there's only 14 of us here on a POMLT mission and half of us smoke on a regular basis.  We're all guard from PA
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 1:18:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
can I sign up for the troop smokes please?  I'm on a very small NATO base in the middle of no where in Afghanistan and there's only 14 of us here on a POMLT mission and half of us smoke on a regular basis.  We're all guard from PA

IM inbound to you...couple of steps needed but being a PA unit, makes it sure easy...

ETA....all good!!!
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 11:06:08 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm in
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 11:37:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Bump  
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 4:34:19 PM EDT
[#21]
In.
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 11:48:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 12:17:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
How many more do you need Echo?

We are solid now but I am letting it ride till Monday.
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 4:05:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 8:07:17 PM EDT
[#25]
I'd love to get in on this pass, but I'll be moving and don't want to commit to an address until I have a lease signed.
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 8:21:21 PM EDT
[#26]
I'd love to get in on this pass, but I'll be moving and don't want to commit to an address until I have a lease signed.

Not a problem. I can tuck you in near the tail end.
Shoot me your addy.

Echo
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 7:38:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Echo,

Can you send me your addy?  My overflow humidor has overflown into a good-sized tupperware container!  I have a medium-sized flat rate box that I can send out.  It would be too much to include in a pass, so I'd rather just ship it directly to you.

Thank you for putting this together!
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 8:54:31 PM EDT
[#28]
IM sent
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 10:54:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 9:51:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm in this one!

praemitto.....I still need your addy!
Yours is the last one so once I get it, we can get this rolling!

Link Posted: 8/8/2011 10:37:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Sorry about that, I thought you had it

PM sent!

Link Posted: 8/8/2011 11:00:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Sorry about that, I thought you had it

PM sent!

Brother....I may have at one point or another but I could not find it in my saved messages.

OK....we are all set.

This Pass route will be a criss-cross of the country.
I am sending the pass in order as you all posted your desire to participate.
We will all pause and toast one for Fammyman when his time comes but the box will obviously not make that stop.
I thought it would be a change from the west to east or vice versa like I have done in the past.
It may add a few days shipping travel but if you guys bring to it like the last passes, boxes will be headed my way all throughout anyway.

The Pass begins in a large flat rate box, leaving here tomorrow AM for.....a brand new player...l1zardking.
Thank you for your support with this new adventure for The Humidor!

l1zardking
FRIGID
Fammyman
TheWenisPrinkle
Bullofspadez
Slavac
bass_ackwardz
shadow_walker
Askonison
Fro1911Nut
Praemitto
Vitamin_G
runs_with_scissors
medicth
EchoAngel17

Link Posted: 8/8/2011 12:47:21 PM EDT
[#33]
First box in already....this medium flat rate box was PACKED FULL of cigars....like 100 cigars....ATTA BOY Speeddemon11L!!!

Yeah Buddy!!!

Link Posted: 8/8/2011 1:21:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 2:33:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Nice contribution speeddemon11L

Um....err.....het is speeddemon11L in the pass ?
His name isn't on the list.

Link Posted: 8/8/2011 2:35:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 3:20:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice contribution speeddemon11L

Um....err.....het is speeddemon11L in the pass ?
His name isn't on the list.

I think he just wanted to send in cigars for the troops.  We encourage that kind of thing, helps not bog down the pass.  Echo should have enough for at least one large flat rate box to go over seas now, which reduces our processing time.

I'm sure Echo will pop in and address the above.

ETA dear Ctuhulu you can tell I'm turning into a lawyer.  Yeash.

That is correct.
Speed was waiting for a Troop Pass to get kicked off and when he heard it was on, he contacted me.
He asked if he could just send cigars instead of waiting for the pass to make it to him.

I have three large FRB almost set to go out.
I am picking up some fresh Cope and winergreen Skoal then off they go.
Back issues of gun mags...Cigar Snob and a few other publications will go for the ride.

These are going to:

HookMech - a member here and deployed
ericmm00  - a member here and deployed

Both are stationed with active units at the pointy edge of the dagger.
I had a Navy unit lined up but they took a big hit over the weekend and are in transition right now...they lost a good group of guys...hell, they lost a lot of them!!!... damn CH-47s....I never liked them and still don't!!! But...I digress...
As soon as I get a answer on a location, they are getting a big box o'love as they could sure use it. And I think I have worked out a way to send them something extra.

If guys have a few, box or a LOAD like this one....reach out and get my addy....THE MORE THE MOST BETTER!!!!

Echo
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 3:41:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Echo,
  I did not see my name on the list. That is OK, I was only going to add to it anyway. I'll just send them along with yours.
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 3:53:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Echo,
  I did not see my name on the list. That is OK, I was only going to add to it anyway. I'll just send them along with yours.

That would be my bad.....I can add you as we lost one player and I can tag you at the end...just let me know by morning.

Echo
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 3:57:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Echo,

That would be my bad.....I can add you as we lost one player and I can tag you at the end...just let me know by morning.

Echo

No problemo. I'll just drop them in the mail to you tomorrow. It may be better this way. I am leaving the country for two weeks starting Wed.
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 8:06:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 9:44:42 AM EDT
[#42]
And she is off.....

Large FRB to l1zardking

USPS Deliver Confirmation Number....9101969010383264087252
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 5:44:40 PM EDT
[#43]
cheers
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 10:26:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Wow, the USPS works fast!    

Thanks again EchoAngel17 for organizing this.  It didn't make sense to be a part of the pass and double the shipping costs for anyone "lucky" enough to come after me!
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:30:39 AM EDT
[#45]
There is a pass?
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 6:39:16 PM EDT
[#46]
I just checked and I do not see a status change from Monday so I better go see the mailroom tomorrow...I will advise!
They picked up the box that morning.
I am hoping USPS just missed the launch scan....

Echo
Link Posted: 8/15/2011 10:51:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Well....the mailroom sheepdipped this one again.

So I was notified of a incoming package on Friday via email as I took the day off to spend what little summer with my kids that we have left....and what do I have waiting for me this AM....
YEP...you got it!!!
THE PASS IS BACK.

They never affixed the freekin postage to my label so the USPS accepted and then returned my box to me undeliverable without proper postage due.
The mailroom assumed that since it had a label on the box that I pre-paid the postage...."No, that was what the envelope taped to the damn box was for....what did you think??? I was giving you a freekin tip?????" said the really pissed off administrator to the dude across the counter stepping further and further away looking more and more sheep-like with every second!!!
Yep.....he was sure I was coming THROUGH the counter after him.....and I did think about that more than once.
It made it as far as the sorting station in Warrendale, PA before it was caught.....that is the reason it never showed up in the tracking system.

I now have the Pass in a new freekin box and will take it my own damn self after lunch or on the way to get the kids this afternoon.....a new tracking number will be created and I will update this post with number.

Needless to say I am so happy that the take off was screwed up and I really hope this is the only glitch we have.

MEA CULPA.....not even my fault but accept it please!

Link Posted: 8/15/2011 12:52:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/15/2011 1:44:45 PM EDT
[#49]

DID THE NEW GUY JUST DISS ME?????

Boys.....Owl Bomb....new target acquired.....

Now that is how we roll....
Link Posted: 8/15/2011 1:48:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top