Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/5/2010 5:59:33 PM EDT

Hey guys:

I'm going to start off a cigar pass for the troops.  If you want to participate, here's what you need to do:

1. Sign up here by posting in this thread.
2. IM me your address.
3. If you participate in the pass, you MUST ship the box pass out within a few days of receipt and you MUST ship in a manner that utilizes tracking information somehow.  The easiest way to ship is via USPS's Flat Rate box with delivery confirmation but UPS/Fedex/similar will also work.
4. You MUST post that tracking information in this thread.  Just the tracking info, not the person's address.  This keeps people honest.
5. Be generous, all of the cigars finally collected will go to the troops.  Every last stick

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

The pass itself:

1. I will start the pass with 10-15 cigars and mail it out to the first person on the list.
2. Upon receipt, the person will then take whichever cigars he or she likes.  Those cigars MUST be replaced by an equal amount of similarly priced cigars.
3. It's recommended that you donate above and beyond your takes as all of the cigars collected will go to the troops.
4. Feel free to contribute items for the troops.  Snacks, games, movies, snuff, you get the idea.  All items collected will go to the troops.
5. After you've done your puts and takes, mail the box out to the next address in line.  I will be sending you that address.
6. You must mail using some method that will provide tracking information.
7. You must then post that tracking information in this thread.

All cigars and items will be going to our troops overseas.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Cigars for the troops pass list:

1.      Slavac

2.      Jbjarko

3.      Artsohc

4.      Umbra

5.      WinDummy82

6.      Medicth

7. (Skipped due to issue)

8.      Quantum2

9.      Shadow_Walker

10.  EchoAngel17

11.  Vitamin_G

12.  FRIGID

13. Askonison

14. ShareTheToys

15.  Slavac

I'd like to support two or three units (depending on number of supplies/cigars received) in this pass.  Currently recipients are:

1. Team Member Prolific who is a MSGT Serving in Combined Joint Task Force - Horn of Africa.  He's fighting the good fight against terrorism and deserves some support from us.  

2. The second member is PluckMaster, an ARFCOM member who's a Navy fellow attached to the Army in AFG.  He's in contact with deployed combat units of Marines and Army which have requested entertainment materials (books, magazines and such) in addition to cigars.

3. 1LT Young, who is a close friend of mine (from way back in undergrad).  He's forward deployed in AFG for the Army and asked for cigars and (anything) for his troops.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:18:37 PM EDT
[#1]

In .
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:17:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Always in for the troops.

My second active troop pass
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:58:37 PM EDT
[#3]
IN for the pass!

Slavac....PM me your addy....I already have stuff to send you for the troop shipment.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:30:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
IN for the pass!

Slavac....PM me your addy....I already have stuff to send you for the troop shipment.

IM inbound.

If anyone needs my addy to send items ahead of time, they're very welcome.  I've got two giant boxes of goods that need cigars to send them on their way, so please help out if you can.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:33:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey buddy, I'm in and you should already have my address, but PM me if you need it again.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#6]
in like a villian!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:47:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hey buddy, I'm in and you should already have my address, but PM me if you need it again.

You're set.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:19:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Always in for the troops.    PM incoming.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:46:54 AM EDT
[#9]
BTT sign up mooks.  It's for a good cause.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:33:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Sign meh up.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:28:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Me too!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:16:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Woot, moving on up.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:39:14 PM EDT
[#13]
In for another
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:06:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone have a preference for how many we take on this one?  10? full 15?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:12:15 PM EDT
[#15]
More the merrier.....I say go 15.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:47:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I agree, go the full 15. The more we collect the more that heads out to MSGT Prolific.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:07:39 PM EDT
[#17]
I'll climb aboard.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:04:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Not in for the pass Slavic I'll send some cigars your way for the troops when I make an order since my stash is low
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:42:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Anyone have a preference for how many we take on this one?  10? full 15?

Maybe give it another day and if it doesn't fill, start it so we're not stuck waiting for a month to get started.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:50:58 PM EDT
[#20]
It has only been up for four days so if you let it go a week it will give more folks a chance to see it on the weekend.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:17:06 AM EDT
[#21]
BTT bully your friends to participate.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:25:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Looks like we're gonna get as many as we'll get.  It'll be like last time where others jump on board after the pass is going.  

Anyone have objections to kicking this thing off Monday or so?  

I'm still looking for at least one more unit to support.  If you know anyone, drop me a line.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:32:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Kick it off...I was hopeful we would get more but no sense holding up those that are ready to go...

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:29:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Oh well, I was hoping to see it fill up over the weekend

Might as well get this pass rolling.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:53:55 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm going to leave it open until I get the box out the door.  This week is brutal for me, so this may give everyone a little more time to sign up if they want.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 11:48:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Slavac, I'm in if there are spots still available. Thanks! Anything for my troops!
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 7:47:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Alright, going to kick this off on Friday (tomorrow).

Last chance to sign up guys if you want to participate.

ETA: Bullied FRIGID into joining.

ETA2: Got another unit (navy) in AFG to support.  It's in the works pending a PM from him.  Will update.

Link Posted: 9/16/2010 12:21:21 PM EDT
[#28]
I won't be participating in the pass but I will be sending a few last sticks I was saving (after I quit) to Slavac tomorrow to put in the pass. It's not a whole lot, but hopefully somebody puts them to good use!
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 3:52:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

ETA: Bullied FRIGID into joining.

Glad you haven't bullied me into this one. (Joke Joke).

Slavac I'll have something in the mail end of this month beginning of October.  Any sticks on CI you would like to try since that last bunch I traded with you had some lemons.  Just going by the what you got lit up thread.
Link Posted: 9/18/2010 2:03:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Sorry guys, I dropped the ball and instead of going to the post office, got drunk enough to confuse a peacock with a lawn chair.

Pass ships Monday AM.  Standby for order and tracking.
Link Posted: 9/18/2010 2:08:15 AM EDT
[#31]
How drunk again? And off what? Hell it's for the troops man! :) Bustin your balls.

I plan on helpin out the troops a lot.

Here we go.
Link Posted: 9/19/2010 11:19:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Standby to standby.
Link Posted: 9/19/2010 11:25:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Order's updated.  Anyone have any issues?  It's kind of screwy as I had to hit guys on the far ranges of the compass rose (Cali to NY to FL to AZ to WI ugh).

Box ships tomorrow.

Here's the contents thus far:

$200-225 worth of cigars at 20-22(I forgot how many) total cigars.  There's not a dog rocket among them and some great variety, so hopefully you mooks will find something you like.

Remember, be generous.  Volume matters so we can have more guys and girls behind enemy lines smoking cigars.

Any objections before I ship tomorrow AM?

Link Posted: 9/19/2010 11:28:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Oh I'm putting in a bunch of humidity gel packets.  If you guys wouldn't mind, use the ziplocks I've included and add a packet (hydrated with distilled H2O) to each gallon ziplock so we can keep the cigars pristine.

Also please read the info I've enclosed, it covers what to do if we get a surplus of supplies and includes naked pictures of Summer Glau for those who need pitchers to read with.
Link Posted: 9/19/2010 11:53:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Kick this bad boy off!

I have two ziplocks and humi packs for my donations in hand.
Also, expect two packages to your door Slavac.  
I have dental supplies to send and have two other dentists I contacted ready to donate.

I know first hand how good a toothbrush and real honest to God toothpaste is to have in your pack!

Link Posted: 9/21/2010 8:12:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/21/2010 11:18:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Slavac,

Can I use UPS? I can get some of the labels that we spoke about, as I ship some things via USPS at work, but UPS is just much easier for me.

Thanks
Josh
Link Posted: 9/22/2010 11:51:51 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Slavac,

Can I use UPS? I can get some of the labels that we spoke about, as I ship some things via USPS at work, but UPS is just much easier for me.

Thanks

Josh

Yep no worries.  Anything that uses tracking info.

Just make sure the addy you're sending to isn't a PO box, UPS won't ship to PO boxes.

Link Posted: 9/23/2010 10:11:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Got the package today!

Slavac, what is the stick without a band?

Jb
Link Posted: 9/23/2010 10:33:48 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Got the package today!

Slavac, what is the stick without a band?

Jb

If it's in cello and a torp it's an AB Executive with 1.5y of age on it.

Link Posted: 9/23/2010 10:38:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Awesome. I'll put my puts and takes up tomorrow. With more puts than takes, and some extra goodies :)

Thanks again sir.
Link Posted: 9/23/2010 11:02:46 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Awesome. I'll put my puts and takes up tomorrow. With more puts than takes, and some extra goodies :)

Thanks again sir.

I'm a 26yo law student who watches anime.  Don't call me sir

The AB Executive was very very disappointing when I first got them and wrote it off as a dog rocket.  I sat on them for a while and suddenly...oh man.  It's not a premium stick by any means but is a damn solid cigar.

Link Posted: 9/24/2010 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks again sir.

I'm a 26yo law student who watches anime.  Don't call me sir

The AB Executive was very very disappointing when I first got them and wrote it off as a dog rocket.  I sat on them for a while and suddenly...oh man.  It's not a premium stick by any means but is a damn solid cigar.

That is funny.
Link Posted: 9/24/2010 11:17:58 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I won't be participating in the pass but I will be sending a few last sticks I was saving (after I quit) to Slavac tomorrow to put in the pass. It's not a whole lot, but hopefully somebody puts them to good use!

Got'em

Link Posted: 9/25/2010 2:34:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Alright guys, because of the weekend, I plan on shipping the cigars out monday, via UPS. Had a busy couple of days. I DID infact smoke the 601 that Slavac through in.

I said I would posts my takes and puts tonight, but I'm A) too drunk, and B) been too busy. So it wil be monday. I need to go to the Cigar Shop to get a few more to throw in.

How does this work, will you Slavac, send me the next address? Or do I need to IM the next person?

Thanks
Josh
Link Posted: 9/25/2010 3:00:50 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Alright guys, because of the weekend, I plan on shipping the cigars out monday, via UPS. Had a busy couple of days. I DID infact smoke the 601 that Slavac through in.

I said I would posts my takes and puts tonight, but I'm A) too drunk, and B) been too busy. So it wil be monday. I need to go to the Cigar Shop to get a few more to throw in.

How does this work, will you Slavac, send me the next address? Or do I need to IM the next person?

Thanks

Josh
Was there a packet of information in the box?  If so, read it and get back to me.

Link Posted: 9/25/2010 3:03:29 AM EDT
[#47]
I half read it :) I'll read it tomorrow, and hit you up my friend.
Link Posted: 9/25/2010 4:37:18 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I half read it :) I'll read it tomorrow, and hit you up my friend.

I had no idea you were a news anchor.  :P

Link Posted: 9/26/2010 10:00:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Alright. Package goes out tomorrow.

Takes, I got kind of greedy.
61 Patel
Man O' War
601 Blue

Puts,

Partagas Cifuentes Diciembre
Montecristo Churchill Cinquentas
TWO (2) Liga Privada No. 9's
La Gloria Serie R
Patel Connecticut
CAO Atalia

And 5 Cans of copenhagen.

Josh
Link Posted: 9/27/2010 2:09:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Got a big box of cigars from WGanz but I haven't opened it yet to see what he donated to the troops.  Will advise after school.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top