Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What a disappointment!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've found mind to be pretty much useless. It was pretty neat at first. base board vacuums....
What a disappointment!
My parents ran the piping and receptacles but never got the vacuum for it
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:48:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I think most standard garages are 20 ft wide with a 16 ft door. That's considered a 2 car garage.

It isn't. Well maybe if you have two Prius cars.

In our current house we did a 24 ft wide garage. It EASILY and COMFORTABLY fits a Camry and a F150 side by side with enough room to open any doors.

Don't go less than 24 ft wide for a 2 car garage. Then, install either two 9ft wide garage doors or one 18ft door.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:56:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't install the highest end HVAC system but don't get the cheapest either. 14-16 SEER is plenty efficient. If you get into the 16 SEER units you may be able to get a variable speed compressor which will save a little money and possibly increase comfort. But if the price is much higher, a 14 SEER is fine too. With living in Houston, it'll probably be running at the max anyway more than half the year.

Install quality is more important than brand.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:57:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Spray foam insulate the entire roof...it will pay for itself.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top