Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2017 11:46:17 PM EDT
so i bought a replacement motor for my maytag dg608 with this motor which is the oem replacement motor w10410892
http://www.appliancepartspros.com/questions-for-whirlpool-motor-drve-w10410999-ap5272724-page5.html

all the wires match up except for the white wires that seem to be connected to the blue one.
what gives.

Link Posted: 5/24/2017 11:57:51 PM EDT
[#1]
What is the picture of? Your new motor that you wired?

It says right in the instructions that some may have a blue and white conductor connected together.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:07:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is the picture of? Your new motor that you wired?

It says right in the instructions that some may have a blue and white conductor connected together.
View Quote
yes sir. the photo is the new motor wired up to the point i got confused with the extra white wires attached to the blue one

it did mention that they may have blue and white connected together but it didnt say what to do with them.
the blue and white also have their own connector plugs. that went to different terminals on the old motor
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:26:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

yes sir. the photo is the new motor wired up to the point i got confused with the extra white wires attached to the blue one

it did mention that they may have blue and white connected together but it didnt say what to do with them.
the blue and white also have their own connector plugs. that went to different terminals on the old motor
View Quote
Do you still have the blue jumper installed between terminal 4 and 1/4" tab? It looks like that needs to be removed and then your loose grey conductor needs to be connected to the 1/4" tab per the instructions.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:51:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Do you still have the blue jumper installed between terminal 4 and 1/4" tab? It looks like that needs to be removed and then your loose grey conductor needs to be connected to the 1/4" tab per the instructions.
View Quote
as it stands i have everything like in the photo. i will give that a shot.

what threw me off was the wire looks more white than grey, so leave the blue there, and connect the lone grey/white wire on the terminal 4
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:26:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

as it stands i have everything like in the photo. i will give that a shot.

what threw me off was the wire looks more white than grey, so leave the blue there, and connect the lone grey/white wire on the terminal 4
View Quote
Leave the blue and white that are joined. Remove the blue jumper between the 1/4" protector and tab 4. Attach the unconnected grey conductor to the 1/4" protector.

That is my interpretation of the directions. I did not see how the original  was wired and I don't have the schematics so take it with a grain of salt.

If you aren't sure it may be best to call a professional.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:30:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Leave the blue and white that are joined. Remove the blue jumper between the 1/4" protector and tab 4. Attach the unconnected grey conductor to the 1/4" protector.

That is my interpretation of the directions. I did not see how the original  was wired and I don't have the schematics so take it with a grain of salt.

If you aren't sure it may be best to call a professional.
View Quote
il give that a shot. thanks for the help
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:08:54 PM EDT
[#7]
its alive!
i think...
it spins the drum so thats a good start.  but i need a new C clip to hold the blower plastic fins in place so it will be tested in full on friday
thanks again for the help
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:37:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
its alive!
i think...
it spins the drum so thats a good start.  but i need a new C clip to hold the blower plastic fins in place so it will be tested in full on friday
thanks again for the help
View Quote
Awesome! Good to hear!
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:32:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Awesome! Good to hear!
View Quote
well i counted my chickens before they hatched.
the dryer works but does not ignite the gas....
all it does is spin
GAHHHH

update... its working.
the 2 white wires needed to be connected to post #1 and the overload switch jumpered to terminal one as well
the laundry ferry is back in business tonight. she will be keeping that machine running for many hours now

thanks for the help. idk how people DIY before the internet
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top