Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2017 10:37:23 PM EDT
Was doing some yard work and noticed water dripping from my upstairs ac drain line. Ran upstairs to check ac in attic but the drain pan was completely dry. The primary drain pipe downstairs on side of house is still dripping water. So both were dripping water. Today the upstairs drainpan doesn't appear to be dripping.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:43:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Assuming that you had been running the air conditioner, it is condensate from your coil.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:01:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Assuming that you had been running the air conditioner, it is condensate from your coil.
View Quote

I have but I read that it shouldn't be coming from that drainline unless the primary was clogged.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:06:01 AM EDT
[#3]
You have slime [mold] buildup in your drain line or trap causing slow drainage. Shop Vac and suction out the line [both of them] from the end.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:34:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You have slime [mold] buildup in your drain line or trap causing slow drainage. Shop Vac and suction out the line [both of them] from the end.
View Quote
That's what I figured. Gotta get annual service anyways so I'll get ac tech to check it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:00:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Tech is here blew out the line no water in unit or drip pan. Still dripping from secondary line.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:02:36 AM EDT
[#6]
So you saying your drip pan is dry. AC is on. It's dripping water. But there is no water in the drip pan.

Your lines get crossed. Unless I'm reading this wrong.

Put orange food coloring in the drip pan (secindary) right into the drain line direct.

Go outside and see what drips.

AC drips when it runs.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:17:05 AM EDT
[#7]
pictures of the primary pan are not loading 
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:43:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm saying it's dry in the emergency backup pan under the unit. I managed to blow out the line again and us far it has stopped draining from the secondary line. I'll post pics when I get time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top