Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2017 11:34:13 AM EDT
I'm actually not going to be doing this myself but hiring someone to do it.  I have existing aluminum gutters but I just need them extended on a couple areas of the house where there aren't any because...well, there were never any there to begin with.  Plus when it rains hard the areas where there are no gutters now really collects a lot of water and I need that drained away a little better.

So is it difficult to extend an existing section of gutters?  Currently the two sections where I need gutters installed, we're talking maybe 10 linear feet each, however they can join into existing gutters already installed.  One contractor whom I emailed describing my situation replied back that it's pretty hard to do this and instead wants to completely rip and replace.  My current gutters are less than 1 year old because they were replaced from an insurance claim.  I have no desire to rip out practically brand new gutters so I'm hoping to get some advice here and tell me if this guy is being honest or not.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 12:35:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes you can. No I wouldn't. Seamless gutters aren't too expensive. You should have paid a little extra when they were being replaced under the claim. But too late now. Just do all new seamless gutters and worry no more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top