Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2017 12:47:05 PM EDT
Staying at a cheap hotel with an LG Plasma screen TV. Accidentally cracked the plasma screen underneath while moving the dresser it was sitting on. No visible damage until you turn the TV on, then theres a spider-web crack on the bottom right and theres lines all over it.

I know if I report it to the hotel, they're going to rail me with fees and the cost of a new TV (more than they pay). If I can, I would rather just repair it myself so no one is the wiser. Otherwise, Johnny B. Goode will just fess up before I leave and let them bend me over, but I would really rather not. Anyone handy with these things? I would upload a picture but I can't figure it out.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:06:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:59:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Or do the right thing and own up to it. Life's lessons usually are not free, but it might not be that bad. TV's are cheap and id imagine a hotel gets a bulk rate.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 3:12:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Leave a dead hooker in the bathtub.   They won't even notice the TV with all the commotion.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 3:50:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Leave a dead hooker in the bathtub.   They won't even notice the TV with all the commotion.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:15:10 PM EDT
[#5]
You can pay today or pay later in karma.

Nobody knows which will cost you more.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:55:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Are you sure it wasn't like that when you got the room?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:09:33 PM EDT
[#7]
If it's cracked and still displaying, I really doubt it's a plasma.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:53:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Just go buy a replacement and avoid the fees. You should be on the hook for the tv anyways, so make it only the tv.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:19:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Are you sure it wasn't like that when you got the room?
View Quote

Exactly.

But why is nobody asking the real question in the room?

WTF were you moving furniture in a hotel?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:30:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya I 
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:44:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Did you taste it?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:28:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Or do the right thing and own up to it. Life's lessons usually are not free, but it might not be that bad. TV's are cheap and id imagine a hotel gets a bulk rate.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:43:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Exactly.

But why is nobody asking the real question in the room?

WTF were you moving furniture in a hotel?
View Quote

Gotta hide the body somewhere.

OP, you broke it, you bought it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:08:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Staying at a cheap hotel with an LG Plasma screen TV. Accidentally cracked the plasma screen underneath while moving the dresser it was sitting on. No visible damage until you turn the TV on, then theres a spider-web crack on the bottom right and theres lines all over it.

I know if I report it to the hotel, they're going to rail me with fees and the cost of a new TV (more than they pay). If I can, I would rather just repair it myself so no one is the wiser. Otherwise, Johnny B. Goode will just fess up before I leave and let them bend me over, but I would really rather not. Anyone handy with these things? I would upload a picture but I can't figure it out.
View Quote

If the hotel guy broke your screen, would you want him to figure out how to fix it from his gun buddies, or should he tell you?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top