Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2017 5:54:53 PM EDT
So I'm remodeling my bathroom and I have a few questions. Its a small bathroom 5' x 10' with a standard size built-in shower/tub. What size tile would you recommend? Where do you recommend starting the first tile? The center of the floor?
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 6:22:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Start where it visually makes the most sense.

If you start in the middle, are you gonna have a 2" rip on one side and a 10" rip on the other, or are you gonna have to cut a hole in the middle of a tile for the toilet flange?   I always lay out tile to make sure I don't make it harder on my self than it needs to be.  

Big tiles are in.   Also plank sized tiles.    

Its totaly a personal preference. 
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 7:30:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Small tiles make a bathroom seem bigger than it is. Big tiles make a bathroom seem smaller than it is.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 8:24:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Start where it visually makes the most sense.

If you start in the middle, are you gonna have a 2" rip on one side and a 10" rip on the other, or are you gonna have to cut a hole in the middle of a tile for the toilet flange?   I always lay out tile to make sure I don't make it harder on my self than it needs to be.  

Big tiles are in.   Also plank sized tiles.    

Its totaly a personal preference. 
View Quote

This is actually good advice. I can see now where the cuts would be visible. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 8:25:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Small tiles make a bathroom seem bigger than it is. Big tiles make a bathroom seem smaller than it is.
View Quote

This is something someone told me as well. Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:43:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top