Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2017 11:13:10 AM EDT
I put a new dryer belt on my Kenmore electric dryer (yes it is the right size)

I works some times and slips others.

It appears the pulley shaft that drives the belt is where it is slipping.

do I need to bought this fully up with emery cloth??

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:23:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Sometimes that pulley gets weak. That might be your issue, not the belt. Also, is the belt on correctly? I know you have to do silly things to get the tension right. If all else fails - YouTube. There are plenty of videos showing how to install the belt/ trouble shooting.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:23:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Sometimes that pulley gets weak. That might be your issue, not the belt. Also, is the belt on correctly? I know you have to do silly things to get the tension right. If all else fails - YouTube. There are plenty of videos showing how to install the belt/ trouble shooting.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:26:40 AM EDT
[#3]
spray  the belt as it spins with pepsi or coke......
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:31:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Are you sure you have the belt installed correctly?

Is the spring on the tensioner strong?

I replaced my belt not long ago and it was kind of hard to see under the drum
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:39:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I replaced my belt and tuned-up my dryer a few months ago.  My main issue was the bearing in the back that the drum spindle sits on was worn and was making horrible squeaking and causing drag on the drum causing the belt to slip, maybe check/grease the bearing?
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:44:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Did you remember to route the belt over the tensioner?

The motor pulleys can and do wear out.  Had to replace mine a couple months ago.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:48:49 AM EDT
[#7]
The dry ran for 5 cycles and then stopped,  belt appears to be on correctly and tensioned as well..

Pepsi or Coke which is best  thanks wife is pissed
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:29:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Any cheap split hubs from stamped metal then riveted together?
They are cheap a$$ money saving junk.

The rivets stretch and the halves separate.
If you do not have an adjustable timing strobe it can get hard.

Something is slipping.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 9:46:30 PM EDT
[#9]
If you turn the drum by hand does it rotate smoothly? (Don't spin it backwards). If it doesn't maybe a roller is out of the groove or front bearing material is not right. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top