Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2016 3:39:56 PM EDT
I was given a Powerhorse Northern tool wood chipper. There is something wrong with the throttle linkage. moving the throttle bar does not adjust the engine rpms There is 2 springs and a bar, so I do not know what is missing. The engine is 208cc and supposedly a Honda clone. It is used for a lot of things like pressure washers and wood splitters. Does anyone have this engine and can you send me a picture of the linkage? Or if you have any helpful hints, please let me know.
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 4:18:09 PM EDT
[#1]
go to ereplaecementparts. Type in model of engine andlook at diagram.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 8:44:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:30:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Looking at the engine online, one of those springs is for the choke and the other is for the throttle.  Are they hooked up?  Usually when I have taken a small engine apart and it won't rev when I put it back together it's because the throttle cable slipped out while I was hooking it back up.  Easy first check and easy fix.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200640133_200640133

Although not the same exact engine, here is a video I found that shows the connection between the throttle and carb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWrLt0KkPxo
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 1:04:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help.
I will try to get some pictures this weekend if I am up at the farm. It looks like everything is hooked up but I will take a closer look at it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top