Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2016 8:07:48 AM EDT
Old farm house with base board heaters, looking for something better. I have a propane fire place in living room but its more for emergency back-up.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 8:26:33 AM EDT
[#1]
wood stove,,,,,,,,forced hot air,   pellet stove,
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 8:43:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Central heat and air. Duel fuel propane furnace with heat pump.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 10:36:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Central heat and air. Duel fuel propane furnace with heat pump.
View Quote

i meant cheaply. lol. central heat /ac would be nightmare to do in this house
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 10:58:25 PM EDT
[#4]
baseboard heat is the most comfortable heat you can have besides a wood stove, i would replace the covers if they are beat up and live with it, i wish my house had baseboard, i grew up with it and work on it all the time its the tits.  And cheaply nothing can really be done about it
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 9:30:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
baseboard heat is the most comfortable heat you can have besides a wood stove, i would replace the covers if they are beat up and live with it, i wish my house had baseboard, i grew up with it and work on it all the time its the tits.  And cheaply nothing can really be done about it
View Quote

Nope, in or under floor radiant is the most comfortable heat besides a wood stove, but that isn't cheap.
I replaced electric baseboard with underfloor radiant for our first floor heat and oversize panel radiators for the second floor.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 9:34:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Better won't be cheap, cheap won't be good.

That's just the way it is.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 9:44:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Some envi heaters may be what you seek.  Google it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top