Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2016 3:26:16 PM EDT
I have a spare 20 amp breaker on the right bus bar.  There are ZERO spare places to put the common or ground (White and bare) wires.

Can I put the hot (black) on the right side, and the common and ground on the left side and be within code?  I am going to guess that it is verboten to double up wires on the ground/common bar....
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 3:44:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a spare 20 amp breaker on the right bus bar.  There are ZERO spare places to put the common or ground (White and bare) wires.

Can I put the hot (black) on the right side, and the common and ground on the left side and be within code?  I am going to guess that it is verboten to double up wires on the ground/common bar....
View Quote

Yes you can put the ground and neutral on either side bus bar it is common in my area to see two grounds twisted together and put under one screw
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 7:22:57 PM EDT
[#2]
If it is a sub-panel the ground and neutral have to be on separate and isolated bars.  

Main panel, go for it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:50:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Main panel, go for it.
View Quote

Went and done.  Thank you all.

/thread
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top