User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 12:42:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll be honest that's why I took the career path I did, almost solely to learn how to make or fix anything myself.
View Quote

I love the DIY route for the same reasons, and always like learning how to make/fix things but this thread is one reason I don't tackle hardcore restorations like this. As much as I damn sure wish I did, I don't have the machines/tools (metalworking) resources and/or experience to take something like this saw from what it was to what it is now, like you.

I must live vicariously through you.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 7:55:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Is this a finished project?
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 8:36:06 PM EDT
[#3]
No.  I made a mistake in my calculations for the adapter plate.  I thought I would be running out of height for the motor under the table when in reality I need to raise the replacement motor up in order to get full blade protrusion at the bottom of the table height travel.

I need to make a new riser plate for that motor but have not been able to break into production to get it cut, as the plasma tables have been too busy to interrupt with my government work.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 8:48:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No.  I made a mistake in my calculations for the adapter plate.  I thought I would be running out of height for the motor under the table when in reality I need to raise the replacement motor up in order to get full blade protrusion at the bottom of the table height travel.

I need to make a new riser plate for that motor but have not been able to break into production to get it cut, as the plasma tables have been too busy to interrupt with my government work.
View Quote

Once again, the fucking government has to fuck things up.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top