Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2015 11:25:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 2:20:06 AM EDT
[#1]
One thing I have noticed with toolboxes, even the "portable" ones get too damn heavy after a while.

If I had to travel to the job site all the time, I would look at one of the Pelican wheeled tool chests.

Some of the maintenance guys where I work have the Rigid boxes like the one linked and they seem to work pretty good. Cant say how they handle on rough ground though, all we have is concrete floors.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 9:18:08 AM EDT
[#2]
We have some of the Dewalt version of the Rigid toolbox you posted. They work well for our uses, but we use them indoors in a shop with a concrete floor. They rarely, if ever get taken outside. They're super handy when we need to leave our usual high bay work area and go out to one of the vehicle on the shop floor. We can just grab that and have 90% of our tools with us.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 9:23:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I've had about 20 of the Contico tuff-boxes over the years and still have about 15.  Some of those are about 20 years old...  I've sheared a hasp off and broke a couple of handles with abuse but that happens and isn't a reflection of the quality.  This is one thing Contico did right.

They stack well, most are rain proof ( did have a couple that leaked at the handle rivets ) which is important when driving around with 5 or 6 boxes in an open pickup bed.

They're on Amazon but a little expensive.  I see  Home Depot  carries them now if you're interested.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 10:44:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 10:49:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 8:55:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I have one of the Ridgid boxes, it definitely seems solid so far.  I've only had it for a couple month sand have only used it around the house and on side jobs.  The only thing I would be wary of is the way the wheels mount.  I saw a few at HD with the wheels sitting next to them.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 3:29:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top