Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2015 9:38:04 PM EDT
Anybody ever treat a tree for ash borers? I have an infested tree in my back yard I would rather not lose but I'm not about to spend big bucks to save it. There's a couple dead branches in the canopy but most are good, the leaves are a little anemic looking though. The trunk has the sprouts going on and has quite a few of the d shaped holes.

I found zytect online. It's 2 packets for $70 bucks or so. I assume 1 packet is 1 treatment. Anybody use this?
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:15:32 PM EDT
[#1]
http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/foresthealth/emeraldashborer.html

A chain saw

and do not transport firewood

Sorry OP
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 6:28:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Unfortunately your time to treat was last year and the year before, not this year...

Unless things have changed the only reliable treatments are preventative, and you waited too long. Your Ash tree is already dead, it just doesn't know it yet.

FWIW, my dad has had good luck treating 5 Ash trees at his house. They provide southern/western shade to the house and he didn't want to lost them. He has been treating every year for 10 years now and they are still alive despite the fact that EAB made it's roaring debut in his area about 8-9 years ago. In his area 99% of Ash trees are not only dead but have now been dead long enough most have fallen to the ground from rot.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 3:25:03 PM EDT
[#4]
The only treatment I found was burning the wood after the little fuckers killed 6 of my Ash trees.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:29:15 PM EDT
[#5]
No cure but a chainsaw and a fire pit.

J-
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:52:48 PM EDT
[#6]
They are keeping the price of ash lumber down right now.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:55:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top