Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2014 10:49:02 AM EDT
when I turn on the wash cycle the motor just sort of hums

Ill do whatever you say.  I worked electronics in the USAF so I can take measurements, etc w/o killing myself.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:03:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know shit about washing machines, but the guys that do are gonna ask for the make and model.  So......
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:31:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Maytag centinnial commercial technology
Is whats on the bezel
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:03:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Poke around this SITE.  I've fixed my washer, dryer and dishwasher using it.

ETA:  Somewhere on the machine is a tag with model and serial number.

ETA: Washing Machines
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:11:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Try   www.fixitnow.com

Stay safe
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 10:38:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Find your service tag it will have model number and serial number keep those handy when ordering parts. I always state to keep the serial number handy because there are time when the serial nmber is required, most times not, but better to have it.

When you say it hums, is it say on the spin cycle? Does it fill with water? Normally if the washer does nothing the lid switch is suspect. I am not sure if yours has the locking lid or not. Front loader or top?

This is when model number is helpful.

ok top loader.

If it fills and does nothing then it may be the lid switch. If if does nothing it still may be the lid switch.

Does it sound like the just turning? That is a coupler the nylon tips break. Cheap fix. look locally for appliance repair shop and call them it is a stocked FSP part.
Coupler fix
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:43:43 PM EDT
[#6]
yes it will fill with water.  but I guess it wont agitate/wash.  but if i move the knob to the rinse cycle it wont drain either.
ETA:  the desription from the forum link you gave me is exactly whats happening.

thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top