Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2012 8:54:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/14/2012 12:26:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats what I use for my AR parts cleaner as I keep it in the garage.

I change it out probably twice a year and it doesn't evaporate hardly at all with a lidded bucket.
Link Posted: 9/14/2012 12:59:11 PM EDT
[#2]
The 'low odor' just means the some of the more aromatic compounds have been removed.

Look up 'white spirits' (AKA mineral spirits, Stoddard solvent) if you want a better idea of composition and the slight differences in boiling point (and volatility).
Link Posted: 9/14/2012 9:34:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Varsol
Link Posted: 9/15/2012 4:32:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Do you have a Tractor supply nearby?

http://www.tractorsupply.com/crown-reg-psc-1000-parts-cleaner-5-gal––3893915

I use it and it works very well and lasts a long time.

About $40 for a 5 gallon can. 2 cans are more than enough for a typical  "20 gallon" washer.

Link Posted: 9/16/2012 8:41:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 7:39:45 PM EDT
[#6]
i use diesel fuel.

i have about a gallon of it in a 3 gallon can and it's still there, dirty as can be and still cleans parts effectively.
Link Posted: 9/21/2012 5:35:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I used some low odor mineral spirits to clean some wheel bearings last night.  Worked great!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 5:46:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have a Tractor supply nearby?

http://www.tractorsupply.com/crown-reg-psc-1000-parts-cleaner-5-gal––3893915
I use it and it works very well and lasts a long time.
About $40 for a 5 gallon can. 2 cans are more than enough for a typical  "20 gallon" washer.

Your link doesn't work, but I do have a TS I can get to.  Not handy, but doable.  I will check with them.  One question––is this product water or petroleum-based?  TIA
A little late with a reply

Solvent based.

I guess Tractor supply's website doesn't allow hot linking to individual pages

You can find it on their website under "tools"> "parts washers and accessories"

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top