Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2017 1:06:10 PM EDT
So, recently was unpacking, uncluttering some stuff out of storage and came across a box full of old VHS tapes.  All the personal/family stuff I converted to MP4 using an Elgato Video Capture device.  But, what to do with all the old commercial movie tapes?  All 80s/90s titles like Top Gun and Memphis Belle, but I've also got three of the old Gunsite training videos, a Bill Wilson vido on maintenance of the 1911.  Are there people who collect these things?  No expectation of making any money off of them, just wonered if there's an alternative to deep sixing them.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 1:33:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Some of it might be worth checking on Ebay. At one point, some Disney VHS were going for enough to make it worth the hassle.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 1:38:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, not sure it's worth it.  I'd even give them away for the cost of shipping.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 2:51:20 PM EDT
[#3]
The niche content like gunsite and wilson videos are stuff someone might want. Just rest assured anything you throw away will one day be valuable and anything you save will never be worth a dime. Never fails.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 3:15:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Hahaha, too true.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 4:20:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm hanging onto my original release Star Wars VHS tapes; they'll be worth enough to retire on in about 200 years.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 5:17:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Any recorded TV?  Local record store came across someone's personal Headbanger's Ball collection on VHS that they had recorded each week and they got a couple hundred bucks out of it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 9:16:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any recorded TV?  Local record store came across someone's personal Headbanger's Ball collection on VHS that they had recorded each week and they got a couple hundred bucks out of it.
View Quote
No, nothing cool like that, a few old TV show episodes and most of the Discovery Channel World of Valor series.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top