Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2017 9:44:08 PM EDT
Just watched Panic in Year Zero on TMC. Made in 1962, first time I've seen it. Wow a movie where a white male father figure is a leader, not a dolt, corrected his wife as needed and his kids respected and looked up to him. And of course there is  Los Angeles being nuked as well.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 10:13:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
... And of course there is  Los Angeles being nuked as well.
View Quote

I've seen it, too.  It's a bit dated but I liked it.  Thanks for reminding me of the name.

<edited by author - too political for this forum>
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:35:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I was surprised by the same things as the OP. If anybody wants to watch it, google is your friend.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:40:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Pretty decent post apocalyptic movie for that era that didn't involve mutants.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:17:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw this movie on TV back in the late 60's. From the points in your post you obviously didn't grow up in the 60's or 70's like I did. Ray Milland was in a lot of sci-fi and horror movies such as "Daughter of the Mind," "Frogs," "The Thing with Two Heads," "X the Man with the X Ray Eyes," and many more. He was a good actor, but, "Panic in the Year Zero" had a pretty bad script. Even as a 10 year old when I saw it on TV, I thought the goofy storyline with the thugs that threaten the family was pretty cheesy. If I remember correctly, the teenage son was played by Frankie Avalon who was famous for his singing career as well as his "Beach" movies with Annette Funicello (I hated musicals, especially those 60's types with the stupid dancing associated with everything 60's).

Also, back in those days California wasn't anywhere near as corrupt, liberal, or radical (those were the initial days of the Sexual Revolution which started the radical/liberal uprising in the US that caused our current problems with liberals/anarchists/communists that make up the current democrat party and PC power) as it is today. Regular title I guns as well as title II Machineguns/silencers were OK in California back then.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:37:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top