Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 5:22:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't tell you which you would be happier with LCD vs DLP wise. I don't think you would be happy with the projector you posted though. I have an Optoma DLP that I have had up for about 3 years now. It is true HD and has a variety of inputs including HDMI ports. It also has a speaker built in. I don't notice the "color wheel" effect that some people report with DLP projectors.

Check out the projector central site. They have a ton of reviews and a great calculator like for matching up projectors, throw distances and screen sizes. I don't know what your budget is, or what you are using it for. I have my optoma in one of my living rooms, throwing on to a 120" screen. It gets used for watching TV, streaming movies and a PS4 and Wii U for the kids.

Check out the optoma 142x or similar spec offerings by BenQ or viewsonic. If you want a HD projector, look at the specs and make sure it is true HD, not just HD capable.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 5:38:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't tell you which you would be happier with LCD vs DLP wise. I don't think you would be happy with the projector you posted though. I have an Optoma DLP that I have had up for about 3 years now. It is true HD and has a variety of inputs including HDMI ports. It also has a speaker built in. I don't notice the "color wheel" effect that some people report with DLP projectors.

Check out the projector central site. They have a ton of reviews and a great calculator like for matching up projectors, throw distances and screen sizes. I don't know what your budget is, or what you are using it for. I have my optoma in one of my living rooms, throwing on to a 120" screen. It gets used for watching TV, streaming movies and a PS4 and Wii U for the kids.

Check out the optoma 142x or similar spec offerings by BenQ or viewsonic. If you want a HD projector, look at the specs and make sure it is true HD, not just HD capable.
View Quote

32000:1 ratio? that's crazy.

the one I have WAS top of the line 10 years ago and it's only 2500:1.

I think an LCD in the 2500-3000:1 should serve me aight. I just remember spending money on a new DLP bulb every couple of years

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 7:13:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

32000:1 ratio? that's crazy.

the one I have WAS top of the line 10 years ago and it's only 2500:1.

I think an LCD in the 2500-3000:1 should serve me aight. I just remember spending money on a new DLP bulb every couple of years

Thanks for the info.
View Quote

Contrast ratios are crazy.  My first projector sported a 2000:1 contrast ratio.  My current projector has a 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio.  

And don't judge DLP or LCD by bulb life.  Ive had both and Ive found that bulb life is more dependent on projector brand or model as opposed to type.  Epson's seem to go through bulbs much faster than say Optoma's.  I still have an Optoma 720 projector on it's original bulb.  Im not even sure what the clock is up to on it but it's still just as bright as day one.  I still have it and use it for outdoor theater/football games.  Conversely, I had an Epson Pro Cinema 1080 that ate OEM bulbs like they were candy and would start getting noticeably dim after only about 800-1000 hours.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 10:49:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I second that on the bulbs. I have the Optoma 141 with about 3200 hours on the bulb. I get a lamp light exceeded message everytime it gets turned on. I'm at the point where when I goes, I may just buy the 142 instead of replacing the bulb. I've been thrilled with it for as much as it gets used.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top