Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2016 11:37:03 AM EDT
I've got two pairs of speakers, one on the A speaker output and one on the B speaker output of my stereo receiver.

I want to add not one but two subwoofers, one for the left side and one for the right side.

How do I wire this up so I get left base on the left and right base on the right?

Can I run left A and Left B to the inputs on the sub on the left, and take the high out puts from that sub to the left A speakers, and the same for the right?  

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 10:47:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've got two pairs of speakers, one on the A speaker output and one on the B speaker output of my stereo receiver.

I want to add not one but two subwoofers, one for the left side and one for the right side.

How do I wire this up so I get left base on the left and right base on the right?

Can I run left A and Left B to the inputs on the sub on the left, and take the high out puts from that sub to the left A speakers, and the same for the right?  

View Quote

Dual subs is not a good idea unless they are set up correctly. Most of the time you get cancellation between the two. The correct way would be a to hire a REAL audio/video tech with a quality spectrum analyzer to come to your home to set it up. That would run about $150.00 per hour. Lots of variables with audio.  

I would suggest that you buy a single quality sub, follow the setup instructions, and be done with it. Expect to pay about the same amount of money for your sub as you did for your receiver. If you have high end gear, consult with your company that sold it to you.

If you bought your stuff off of the internet, let the internet do it for you.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 4:34:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Dual subs is not a good idea unless they are set up correctly. Most of the time you get cancellation between the two. The correct way would be a to hire a REAL audio/video tech with a quality spectrum analyzer to come to your home to set it up. That would run about $150.00 per hour. Lots of variables with audio.  

I would suggest that you buy a single quality sub, follow the setup instructions, and be done with it. Expect to pay about the same amount of money for your sub as you did for your receiver. If you have high end gear, consult with your company that sold it to you.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

x2

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 4:35:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Does your receiver have a sub output connection?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 6:01:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL! No, your wrong.

He's talking about running stereo subs, not 2 subs playing the same stuff. 2 subs are almost always better than one. And you don't have to pay someone to figure out placement, you can do it yourself. It's possible to get cancellation with 2 subs and a mono signal, it's not like to get cancellation between 2 subs if they aren't playing the same frequency.

Lots of home theater enthusiasts run multiple subs. It's the only way to compensate for natural dead spots that will occur in any room. Guess what- a single sub can't overcome this.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:27:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Lots of home theater enthusiasts run multiple subs. It's the only way to compensate for natural dead spots that will occur in any room. Guess what- a single sub can't overcome this.
View Quote

I bet they are not hooked up in stereo. He never said you cant run 2 just advised against it if your not going to take the time, and money to properly set them up. Id take 1 good sub that costs 2x as much as the dual cheap ones.

Besides stereo subs don't make much since cents because, you cant tell where the sound comes from when you start to get around 100hz and lower.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top