Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2016 3:26:30 PM EDT
I'm looking to purchase a good quality, wireless speaker for my smartphone. I've been looking at Bose and Harmon, but don't know what to get. What do you guys recommend?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 3:36:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Budget?

Edit to add: What size room?  Type of music or audio?  Distance from speaker?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 3:43:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Budget?  

Edit to add: What size room?  Type of music or audio?  Distance from speaker?
View Quote

I want to buy something decent, so, I'm thinking that I'm willing to spend from about $250 to, say, about $400. I don't want to buy a shitty $50 speaker, but don't want to spend more than $500.

I like a range of music that include, but isn't limited to: classical, rap, country, spanish, old school rock, alternative music, meditation-type music, symphony stuff, etc. I want something that can handle everything.

I'd like to use this speaker in my bedroom, living room, or have it outside for BBQs with family/friends.

Here's a couple I found: Creative iRoar, Marshall Killburn, Bose Sound Link.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 3:46:16 PM EDT
[#3]
these along with a nice amp and a wireless receiver  would go well together

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 3:49:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Uhhh, are you being serious?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 4:02:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote
you did say quality speakers and did not have a budget in your first post

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 4:03:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the BOSE Sound Link, and love it! Very versatile

I have heard the big jambox, and it has a bit more bass, but quality inst as good
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 4:06:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My bad, coldair, I thought you were just playing, because those speakers look crazy. Lol. Sorry, brother. How much are those, anyway?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 4:13:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
My bad, coldair, I thought you were just playing, because those speakers look crazy. Lol. Sorry, brother. How much are those, anyway?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No problem my Brother, when you pick them up think of me and invite me over for a drink or two. LOL when the first came out they were only 60k for the pair but you need 8 monoblock 650 watt AB power amps for them each. I did get to hear them in a house I did the ac in and they were amazing. my cost for the cooling the amplifier room was 70k alone. I love when rich people spend money

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 4:18:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No problem my Brother, when you pick them up think of me and invite me over for a drink or two. LOL when the first came out they were only 60k for the pair but you need 8 monoblock 650 watt AB power amps for them each. I did get to hear them in a house I did the ac in and they were amazing. my cost for the cooling the amplifier room was 70k alone. I love when rich people spend money  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

60K?!  That's what I'm looking to put down for a house!  So far I have 50K saved, so, yeah, I don't think I'm willing to spend that much on speakers. Man, I feel poor, now!

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 4:23:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Thanks, MF!*

*I couldn't help it, MateFrio.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 4:59:44 PM EDT
[#12]
JBL Charge 2+
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 6:14:16 PM EDT
[#13]
B & W Zeppelin
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 6:21:53 PM EDT
[#14]
How do you like your Zeppelin?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:11:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm looking to purchase a good quality, wireless speaker for my smartphone. I've been looking at Bose and Harmon, but don't know what to get. What do you guys recommend?
View Quote

Sonos

Nothing better in that price range.

http://www.sonos.com/en-us
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:47:06 PM EDT
[#16]
AmmoAudio

http://www.ammoaudio.com/product/ammo-can-x-ammo-can-speaker/

I LOVE mine - I'm on vacation at the beach this week and have had it by my side every day!
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:54:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
AmmoAudio

http://www.ammoaudio.com/product/ammo-can-x-ammo-can-speaker/

I LOVE mine - I'm on vacation at the beach this week and have had it by my side every day!
View Quote

Haa! That looks cool as fuck! Lol. But, seriously, does that thing actually sound decent?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:20:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes - Sounds GREAT!
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:55:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

60K?!  That's what I'm looking to put down for a house!  So far I have 50K saved, so, yeah, I don't think I'm willing to spend that much on speakers. Man, I feel poor, now!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I listened to some Eggleston Works speakers that were $55k each.  Boulder monoblock amps were $45k each.  Turntable was about $20k.  Halfway through the listening session my wife said " Those speakers sound better than the ones you built.  But not that much better.".  I have $150 each in my DIY speakers and about $800 in my DIY sub.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 4:37:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Thanks for the link MateFrio!

I am in the market for a nice but simple speaker and had been looking at the Sonos 5 but after researching that link it seems like the Sonos is much more than I need. All I want is something to stream music from my phone or other device.

Now I'm seriously considering the Peachtree deepblue2.

Link Posted: 8/13/2016 4:41:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 3:06:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Sonos

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sonos

I have a single Play One and prefer it over the Bose speakers. If I had it to do over again I'd would have bought the two pack of Play Ones, and set them up as a stereo pair. It saves you $50 when you purchase a pair.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 5:34:12 PM EDT
[#23]
I have a pair of SONOS Play 5's and 3's.  No comparison to ANY bluetooth speaker.  I have set it up at home and on the road.  You can even hardwire if you choose.  Software is great from a PC, tablet or phone.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top