Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2016 8:15:58 AM EDT
Alright guys, I need some help.  I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to this stuff.  I'm in the process of building a house that I had pre wired for music in 5 different rooms and surround sound in the living room.  Each room or "zone" has wires for 2 speakers.  The living room is wired for 5 speakers (surround sound).  All of these speaker wires which includes HDMI cables, CAT 5 cables are being "pulled" into a centralized location under neath the stairs.  Each zone has a place on the wall for volume control but does not have CAT 5 cable in it.  With that being said, what are my options out there?  A buddy of mine has recommended this set http://www.htd.com/Products/mid-level-whole-house-audio/MCA-66-and-GW-SL1.  He is pretty knowledgeable about this stuff so he will be helping me install.  Is this a good receiver for each room?  Any recommendations for surround in the living room?  I want to do this right but also within reason.  The house will be ready in September and this is one of the first things on the list to complete.  Any help is appreciated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top