Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2016 9:24:36 AM EDT
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3464902/

The trailer made it look interesting and funny to me and my wife.  We like the ocassional off-beat, different, oddball independent movie.  

So we got babysitters for our 4 kids, and went to see it.

It was the worst movie either of us have seen since we can remember.   A self-indulgent, boring, inaccessible mess of film-making incompetence.  Colin Farrell and Rachel Weisz did fine, but their roles and lines were devoid of anything even remotely interesting.  

There were a handful of funny lines, but they only served to piss you off because they reminded you of the cleverly cut trailer that tricked you into wasting your time and money on this vapid, meaningless waste of celluloid in the first place.  Dismal and vacuous, irritating and pointless.

As the credits rolled, the packed theater emptied quickly, with people saying "what the hell did we just watch?", "that made no sense", "i wish I could get those 2 hours back", and the Vietnam vet sitting behing me (he had a Vietnam Veteran ball cap) simply stated "what in THE FUCK were they thinking?".  A woman, his wife I presume, said "I wouldn't want MY name on that screen if I had anything to do with that movie...".

It was so bad that I was actually somewhat angry.  My wife said she felt used.  

As we walked out of the theater, an usher said "I wish I was allowed to tell people how bad this movie is before they waste their time watching it.  I feel bad."

Not that many here would go see it anyway, but if I save just one of you from seeing this, then my time writing this post will not have been in vain.

Link Posted: 6/8/2016 9:37:44 AM EDT
[#1]
The lobster was more of a starfish.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 9:48:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you seen "Rubber"? It's about a tire that kills.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 4:46:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Have you seen "Rubber"? It's about a tire that kills.
View Quote
It's better than this.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top