Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2016 9:49:23 PM EDT
Could have been a decent movie, but they went into some idealistic environmental warrior crap for a theme that just wasn't believable as a motive for the extreme athletes.  

My wife, teenage son, and I all gave it 2 out of 5 stars.  Just wait to see it for free.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 9:57:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't even know they had remade it. Soon they will remake movies before they are released.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 10:22:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I didn't even know they had remade it. Soon they will remake movies before they are released.
View Quote

All they had to do was rework the original story just a bit and it would have been. A fun decent movie.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 12:16:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I concur, this movie was shit from the very start, and only got worse the longer it went on. Keanu can hold his head high, he made several movies that will live long in the annals of great movies.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 8:58:13 PM EDT
[#4]
No offense, but I am not sure how anyone could have watched the preview and thought otherwise...
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 9:05:46 PM EDT
[#5]
It was some SJW wet dream.  Sucked hard core balls.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 1:16:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I have no interest in seeing this. I saw the original when they released it in theaters and was sorely disappointed in the ridiculous way they portrayed the FBI agent by Reeves. No way any FBI or any other agency agent would behave the way he did.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:36:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have no interest in seeing this. I saw the original when they released it in theaters and was sorely disappointed in the ridiculous way they portrayed the FBI agent by Reeves. No way any FBI or any other agency agent would behave the way he did.
View Quote

Havent you ever fired your gun up into the air and yelled "aaaaaahh!!"?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:35:14 AM EDT
[#8]
There was already a remake called Fast and Furious.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:44:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Point Break: Euro Trash should have been ze ti-tell.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 4:55:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah... this movie had no need of a remake. I watched the original after watching the remake. Patrick Swayze was so perfect in this movie.

To paraphrase a review I read, the remake was a Redbull extreme sport video with a weak story forced into it. The action sequences and scenery were amazing. The story was stupid. The acting was pretty awful. I like Edgar Ramirez and he wasn't too too bad in this but his acting couldn't save this movie. The guy that played Johnny Utah was worse than Keanu Reeves.

This movie is pretty much par for the course of bad Hollywood remakes of otherwise great, timeless movies.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 1:19:09 AM EDT
[#11]
They should have called it something else. You can't have a preachy Eco warrior psudeoreligion be the main plot point in a movie that is supposed to be about crazy stunts and bank robbery. The director was terrible and the writer, one Kurt Wimmer has the annoying habit of trying to gin up religions in his scripts.

For crying out loud, no one was having any fun! Why do these things if you aren't having fun?

And Norwegian whalers don't run down smaller vessels. Though perhaps they should.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top