Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2015 11:53:59 AM EDT
The wife and I have been prime members for years, but just getting into the side of prime that includes movies....we have a non wireless tv.  Will the amazon stick allow us to get prime, or should we just get a new tv?  Either is an option, just trying to decide.  Tired of watching prime movies on a laptop.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 11:55:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The wife and I have been prime members for years, but just getting into the side of prime that includes movies....we have a non wireless tv.  Will the amazon stick allow us to get prime, or should we just get a new tv?  Either is an option, just trying to decide.  Tired of watching prime movies on a laptop.
View Quote

Stick is what you seek.

You can also run Netflix, ESPN app and all kinds of stuff on there.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 11:58:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I do mine through my XBOX.
Don't know if that is an option for you.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 12:09:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Stick, Xbox or most blu Ray  players.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 1:34:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

do they have to be wireless blue ray players?  That too is on our shopping list, we basically are planning a makeover for our den, but not everything is going to be replaced.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 2:03:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I use a Roku
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 8:31:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

do they have to be wireless blue ray players?  That too is on our shopping list, we basically are planning a makeover for our den, but not everything is going to be replaced.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go buy any "smart" DVD player and make sure it has the streaming apps you want.  They usually have them all; Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, YouTube, etc.

Or if youre getting a new TV soon anyway, get a "smart" TV.  Same as the DVD players; they have all the streaming apps built right into them.  My Dad has an LG TV and Ive used Netflix on it.  Works just as good as any other streaming medium.

I believe all of them are wireless, but they also might have an ethernet port.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 8:55:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

do they have to be wireless blue ray players?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

do they have to be wireless blue ray players?

Yes, I have one. Works well but can't recall the name.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 12:11:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I do mine through my XBOX.
Don't know if that is an option for you.
View Quote

This is what I use.

My blu ray and TV are not smart enough.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:27:14 PM EDT
[#9]
They don't have to be wireless, just depends on what the device supports.

Fire TV Stick is wireless and the regular Fire Stick has an ethernet port.  My Blu-ray is both wireless and has ethernet.  Most TVs are wireless.

I would say wireless is the way to go just because it's nice to have fewer wires hanging out the back.  If performance is a concern, or if you have a lot of wireless devices already, you might want to find something that has an ethernet port.  Just keep in mind you'll have to run it to your router or switch somehow.

My suggestion is to get the Fire TV Stick for $40.  It will come already programmed with your Prime account so you can just plug it in and go.  This will get you in the game the quickest.  Then, when you redo your den you can move the Fire TV Stick to another TV in your house.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 8:30:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 8:35:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I use a Roku
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/14/2016 11:09:32 AM EDT
[#12]
I use a Blu-ray player with wireless streaming I got for like $60.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 11:10:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Double tap
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 11:13:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Triple tap
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top