Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2015 4:59:35 AM EDT
So don't judge, I'm not a huge TV guy and my family only just got our first LCD TV, a four year old Samsung.

When watching programming (not necessarily "fast" moving scenes), the image "shakes" -- as in skips, like instead of showing frames 1, 2, 3, 4, etc, it shows frames 1, 4, 9, 15, 25, etc.

It has some 120hz features, I have no idea what they all mean.

There are more picture options than I know what to do with.

There are more advanced picture options than I know what to do with.

I miss my CRT TV with the lead and glass tube and a zillion volts in the back.

Can anyone suggest how I can make this fancy TV not suck?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 2:16:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Look for an option to reset all settings back their factory pre-set values.  Do that.

Do you have the manuals?  If not, go to the manufacturer's web site and download the manual.

While there, look for recalls and/or other factory services required for your model.

From your description, it sounds as if you have a bad video signal.  The frames are stored in memory and when the continuity is lost, the last frame stays on the screen.  When the picture "stutters", does the audio also stutter?

Just so we are clear on this, I would never go back to 480i video.  I am thinking of going 4k.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top