Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2015 2:00:13 AM EDT
Tonight I noticed my Samsung flatscreen tv has 2 horizontal lines on the screen. One is about a quarter of an inch from the top and the other is about two inches down. Anyone have experience with this issue? I've had it a year or two and I'm hoping it isn't anything too expensive to fix.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 11:17:37 PM EDT
[#1]
More than likely it is due to the signal from your TV provider not something wrong with your tv.  I see it sometimes on my Sharp Aquos and it is always due to TV provider.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 3:41:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Look to see if there is a recall for your model number for the issue.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 6:24:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Look to see if there is a recall for your model number for the issue.
View Quote

Never thought of that. It's actually gotten worse since I posted this. Now there's probably close to 20 lines with the lowest being about 4-6" from the top.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 6:52:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I had the same thing on my Samsung. It was a year old 55in 4k display. I had a solid vertical line running top to bottom two inches to the left of center. I troubleshot it with Samsung Support and determined it to be a bad screen. We didn't have a tech in our area to repair it, so they replaced the entire TV under warranty.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top