Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2015 10:33:33 PM EDT
We bought this house and the old owners had a good idea when they did it. They wired and old RV radio system into the wall and ran the wires into speakers in the ceiling. Great idea, wish I'd have thought of it years ago.

I got to thinking it'd be perfect if I could find some kind of small home audio receiver with AM/FM and blutooth to replace it with but I can't seem t find anything like that. A/B speaker channels

My other idea was a tablet and running speaker wires through an adapter of some kind but that idea stalled when I realized that there's no FM radio and while you can keep your music synced to it you can't just run it from your phone in general.

if this makes sense to anybody, have any ideas on what I can use for this?

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:09:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I just bought a bluetooth adapter that plugs into RCA inputs on the back of the stereo . You would have to get up and turn on the stereo but after that you ccan run the volume with your phone.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 9:37:04 PM EDT
[#2]
What is your objective?  

Are you wanting to play over-the-air, broadcast FM radio with control from your phone?

How many rooms do you want playback in, one or many?

<snarky comment ahead>  

You know, they sell battery powered FM radios that are portable.  Pick it up and take it with you wherever you go.  They are inexpensive and batteries last a looong time.  Heck, some come with a power cord you plug into a wall outlet.

<end snarky comment>
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:36:34 PM EDT
[#3]
end goal is i want to be able to play the radio through my house and occasionally stream blutooth music through my house.

I actually have a pair of Beats Pills that I can carry around but meh..... this actually sounds pretty good as it is.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:13:49 AM EDT
[#4]
If it has rca plugs on the back they have Bluetooth adapters. It will also plug into the input jack like many cars have .
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:23:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Is the RV system 12 volt?  If so then why not use a car radio?  You get radio and many other features based on price.  Bluetooth, media player, CD, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top